Seeking Alpha is the market leader for crowdsourced equity research in the USA. We employ 150+ people across its operations in New York, Israel and India.
The company is the premier website for actionable stock market opinion and analysis, and vibrant, intelligent finance discussion. Each month our crowdsource investment analysis draws an audience of 5.2MM+ monthly visitors to our real-time alerts products on email and mobile.
We handpick articles from the world’s top market blogs, money managers, financial experts and investment newsletters, publishing 500 unique article and news updates daily. The company gives a voice to over 5.5MM registered users, including 12,000+ contributors and individuals averaging 130,000+ comments a month, providing access to the nation’s savviest and inquisitive investors.
Our site is the only free, online source for over 5,000 public companies’ quarterly earnings call transcripts, including the S&P 500. The company was named the Most Informative Website by Kiplinger’s Magazine and has received Forbes’ ‘Best of the Web’ Award.
On behalf of Seeking Alpha, Ciklum is looking for Head of Marketing Data Science to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We are looking for a super-star data scientist to drive accelerated growth in our subscription business.
The goal of the Head of Marketing Data Science is to increase the number of paying subscribers by
- Optimizing the algorithm powering our content paywalls
- Raising users’ consumption of content
- Segmenting and targeting of marketing campaigns for our other subscription products
- Increase the conversion rate of free users to paying Premium subscribers
- Increase the number of articles consumed per user visit
- Increase the conversion rate of marketing campaigns for other subscription products
- You will report into the CTO / VP R&D
- Your business goals will be set by the Chief Marketing Officer
- You will work closely with the VP Data Infrastructure, the head of Dev Ops, and the VP Product
- Decide when to implement internal solutions and when to use solutions from external providers
- Identify best practices from other companies and implement them in Seeking Alpha
- Algorithm research, development, evaluation, optimization for audience analysis and personalization
- Identifying and deciding on promising research and development directions, balancing short term and long term goals
- Recruit, lead and mentor the marketing data analysts, and help with their professional development
- Communicate and coordinate with product and business counterparts
- Successful track record of implementing data science to achieve commercial goals
- MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related fields
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or similar role
- Experience leading data science projects – a must
- Deep technical understanding of underlying DS concepts (not just training models)
- Great knowledge of, and hands-on experience with, Python, R, SQL, etc
- Experience with unsupervised and semi-supervised clustering algorithms
- Experience with structured and unstructured data
- Excellent business understanding, problem-solving abilities, and organizational skills
- Quick learner, adaptable, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to conduct meetings and make professional presentations, and to explain complex concepts and technical material to non-technical users
- High-level English – a must
- Economics and Behavioural Economics background
- Experience with time series analysis, causal inference analysis, web behavior analytics, NLP, XAI, RL, Collaborative Filtering
- Fluent in SQL enough to get the data you need from a warehouse (Vertica, Hive, SparkSQL)
- Experience with building end-to-end reusable pipelines from data acquisition to model output delivery
- Experience with deploying ML models to a production environment: Experiment tracking, A/B Tests, Model degradation, and more
What's in it for you
- Very close cooperation with the client
- Possibility to propose solutions on a project
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- Low bureaucracy, European management style