On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Head of .NET Unit to join our team.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to be a part of a growing business in the software engineering industry.
This role will lead a team of 150+ .NET engineers of different grades.
The perfect candidate would be a proactive and high-performance leader with proven managerial experience, able to deliver to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with experience in building world class data solutions and products to service multiple clients across varied industries.
We use a modern technological stack, based mainly on: .NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET (Core, MVC, WebAPI), ORM (e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper), Testing frameworks (e.g. e.g. NUnit, XUnit, MSTest), Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Git and RDBMS (especially SQL Server) .
- Set up technical strategy for .NET team and drive continuous innovation culture within the team
- Develop, maintain and regularly update technical roadmap (unified delivery framework) and ensure a consistent approach to tracking of deliverables' quality across reporting team
- Drive solutions, products and accelerators creation within own domain in alignment with other functional disciplines
- Ensure results of the .NET team are communicated internally and recognised on the global arena; drive educational and knowledge sharing events
- Provide expert technical advice and guidance on .NET related matters to internal and external clients, bearing on the successful use of complex products and services
- Support Sales Team and help customers clarify their requirements, contribute to preparing and supporting bids and sales proposals
- Participate in projects and deliver high end data solutions as a leading expert
- Ensure .NET solutions / products are embedded into all Ciklum Digital offerings
- Translate Ciklum strategy and provide ongoing business updates within reporting team and if needed address possible concerns
- Lead the team of engaged talents, ensure high performance and continuous development in compliance with Ciklum processes (e.g. workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, performance management, evaluation, retention, etc); support timely internal rotation and bench management
- Ensure team organisational effectiveness e.g. via maintaining healthy seniority mix
- Resourcing – develop plans to ensure that the organisation has appropriately skilled talent to meet organisational objectives and commitments
- Performance management – manage individuals and groups, set performance targets, monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria
- Knowledge management – provide advice, guidance and support to adopt and embed best-practice approaches to information and knowledge management into all areas of their work
- Learning delivery – plan, schedule and deliver learning activities, based on learning objectives
- Financial management – monitor and maintain all required financial records; contribute to financial planning and budgeting
- Change management – develop implementation plans for complex requests for change and lead implementation of those changes
- Relationship management – facilitate business decision-making processes, ensure open communication and discussion between stakeholders is in place
- Innovation – execute innovation processes via developing, evolving and adopting new market trends, tools, processes
- Strategic planning – drive and contribute to the development of policies, standards and guidelines for strategy development and planning
- 7+ years in Engineering or Technology roles
- 3+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to work effectively at all organizational levels
- Recent experience in the delivery of large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to assess and report technical debt, compliance, and other risks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into Technical solutions
What's in it for you
- Working in a creative and dynamic team environment
- Great opportunities for career and professional growth (attending events, HR networking, workshops etc)
- Possibilities to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term full-time employment