Imagine Software Inc. is a software development and application service provider for the financial services industry.
Founded in 1993 by a handful of technical and financial experts drawn from some of the largest and most prestigious Wall Street financial institutions, Imagine Software now consists of hundreds of professionals on four continents, supporting the needs of thousands of users worldwide.
Imagine's reputation for delivering tangible competitive advantage is based upon proven innovation that enables users to stay abreast of the market. Imagine Software puts institutional-grade functionality, broad cross-asset instrument support, and the ability to employ any trading strategy in the hands of sell- and buy-side businesses of all sizes.
On behalf of Imagine Software, Ciklum is looking for a Infrastructure Support Engineer to join the Dnipro team on a full-time basis.
The Infrastructure/Platform group is seeking a motivated QA engineer to provide quality assurance support for the Imagine Financial Platform (IFP). IFP is a set of financial tools used to build client solutions both internal and external to Imagine. The role involves participating in manual and automated testing of the Imagine Financial Platform itself as well as new products utilizing the platform which includes cloud-based infrastructure.
- Maintain, monitor and support QA infrastructure and environments
- Design and implement continuous integration processes
- Responsible for general health and maintenance of QA overall environment
- Support and maintain QA databases
- Help design, create and manage scripts to automate tasks
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases: Sybase, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Experience with RESTful services and scripting languages
- Technical background in system administration
- Understanding of software development and release management processes
- Understanding of QA processes and automation tools
- Ability to work through after hours, as necessary
- Good English. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related fields
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Understanding of software version control systems (Mercurial, Git)
- Experience in Web server administration (Apache, Tomcat)
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues in a Linux-based environment
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation