Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum CTO Office is looking for a talented Middle Embedded Engineer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis. The team is working closely with R&D Department on innovative solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients. Your primary focus will be in IoT and embedded systems development to solve business and research problems in different domains.
- Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment without supervision
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Analyse and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software QA and optimise I/O performance
- Provide post production support
- Assess third party and open source software
- Applying state-of-the-art embedded systems design to solve business problems
- Performing research and developing proof of concept prototypes
- Ability to think in an analytic and structured way
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven working 3+ years experience in hardware and software engineering
- Solid programming experience 5+ years in C/C++
- Experience with Cortex M0/M3/M4/M7, Nordic nRF5 SDK , networking (Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee etc.), MCU peripherals (UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, DAC, timers, etc.)
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with RTOS
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, bug tracking tools, and peer review
- Knowledge Python for test script extension and development
- Experience with Linux
- Understanding of Git workflow
- Strong English language
- Strong technical documentation writing skills
- Ability to document properly systems functionality, code and methodology
- Good presentational and visualization skills. Ability to describe and present results clearly, answer questions and communicate issues
- Experience with GCC, IAR ARM Workbench, Eclipse
- Experience with IoT platforms/frameworks (e.g. Mynewt, WICED, Ayla, Realtime.io)
- Experience with Linux kernel, experience with low-level OS/platform, understanding of unix internals
- DSP expertise and strong theoretical background
- Ability to build and maintain virtual machines
- Experience working closely with client representatives to achieve business outcomes
- General working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Working well autonomously, without close supervision, readiness to take responsibility according to position seniority level
- Being committed to timely delivery of quality results
- Acting as a team player and being a great communicator, both toward teammates and clients
- Ability to mentor junior and intern teammates
- Being Innovative in his/her work
- Knowledge seeking, eager to develop technical skills and learn new technologies
What's in it for you
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programmes
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions