With more than 9 million registered players, Lottoland is the most successful private online lottery company worldwide. We currently employ more than 350 people at 11 locations on 4 continents. The Financial Times has recently ranked Lottoland 128th in the FT1000 ranking of Europe's fastest growing companies. A record 90-million-euro win last year was officially confirmed by Guinness World Records as the world record for the highest online payout ever. And we are only at the beginning! We are one of the most innovative companies in the world and we’re confident that our newest products are set to revolutionise gaming.
At Lottoland, we´ve created our very own company culture which combines fun and thriving to be the best. Coding is our passion – you´ll recognize it in a second!
Our team in Malaga consists of 70+ developers – if you´re calling them IT Geeks, they´ll smile as they´re more than that. They can work miracles. Because we´re working one of the fastest-growing gambling platforms in Europe. In our office you´ll get an idea about us: We are stuffed with state-of-the-art technology and due to agile project methods our days are structured, but still exciting like nowhere else.
On behalf of Lottoland, Ciklum is looking for a Java Developer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis.
To support our development teams in Gibraltar/Malaga, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer who is very experienced and passionate about software development, who loves to push product development using state-of-the art technology, and who has very high-quality standards.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary Games teams implementing new and improving the existing functionality of the gambling platform. You will use your experience and knowledge to support and make architectural decisions together with the software architects, play a part in the selection of new technologies, and promote knowledge transfer both within your team and between teams. You will be also responsible for reviewing the work of your colleagues as well as supporting junior developers.
- You plan, develop and improve the gambling platform with a very high degree of ownership (“you built it, you run it”) on a continuous delivery basis
- You design and implement interfaces to other high availability systems
- You evaluate the use of new technologies, architectures and frameworks
- You collaborate closely with software architects, product owners and stakeholders
- You support junior developers
- You are a part of a highly collaborative agile process
- Passion and Eagerness to build the best gambling platform together with your team
- In-depth practical experience with OOP, design patterns, Java EE 8 (CDI, JSF, EJB, JAX-RS), databases (NoSQL) and data structures (4-5 years)
- Excellent understanding of complex software architecture
- Familiar with cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in developing self-contained/micro services is a plus
- Profound experience with tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Maven
- Highly familiar with agile development and continuous delivery
- High quality standards. Awareness of Clean code practices, as well as others (SOLID, KISS, DRY, etc.)
- Eagerness to work on topics like performance optimization, responsiveness, scaling and high availability
- Enthusiastic about working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good English skills are a must
- A completed degree in IT or a comparable course is desirable
What's in it for you
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of skilled and experienced professionals
- An open culture defined by passion for developing software, fun and mutual respect
- State of the Art technology environment and Continuous Delivery process
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Continuous learning based on a training & development program
- Competitive salary