On behalf of SmartBear, Ciklum is looking for a rock star Java Developer with a passion for learning and creating awesome software to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
This is an opportunity to learn from a senior team of Java developers on a very complex project. Be prepared to get your hands dirty, and learn a lot.
SmartBear Software provides enterprise-class, yet affordable tools for development teams that care about software quality and performance. Our collaboration, performance profiling and testing tools already help more than 100,000 developers, testers, and operations professionals build & deliver some of the best software applications and websites in the world. SmartBear Software help teams improve software quality and performance throughout the entire application lifecycle through programming excellence; code review, QA efficiency & automation; and Web and Mobile application monitoring and performance optimization. We help software teams build great software.
- Translate product vision and requirements into software design.
- Write clean and maintainable code, while following best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Debug code and troubleshoot problems.
- Collaborate with other developers, testers, and system engineers to ensure quality product enhancements.
- Be customer a facing superhero. If you have a skill that helps a customer, be able to lend a hand when called upon.
- 2+ years of commercial experience with Java;
- Be able to handle yourself in a Java/gradle project with 750k+ lines of code, and 3000+ unit tests. There’s also 15k lines of C# in there somewhere;
- Understand basic Java design patterns, and best practices;
- Be open to coaching, and feedback. You will be placed with a team of senior engineers in our Kiev office;
- Be a self-starter, and have excellent time management skills;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Basic working knowledge of Linux/Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
- HTML5 and CSS experience
- Experience with relational databases & SQL
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Strong English language knowledge is a plus
- AWS, Docker, GitHub, Gitlab, SSO (SAML, OpenID), Jenkins and Continues Integration
What's in it for you
- Continuous learning based on a training and mentorship from Senior Java developers;
- Working on a global product with 6.5+ million users across 22+ thousands companies in 194 countries;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Competitive salary