The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Java Developer to join Kiev team on a full-time basis.
The team is responsible for integration solutions to be used by number of internally developed applications. The work will consist mostly of writing back-end microservices which will integrate external and internal services, and the integration business logic. This can vary from internally used systems and APIs (Content, Solr, Papi, Bapi, WebRio, …) to services used within the company (finance systems, external content systems, …) to external partners (sending data over to partners, affiliates, …). The micro-services are based on open-source framework, which was built internally and will need to be updated and maintained by the team.
Most work will be back-end work, but there will be integrations which will require some sort of business input for which an (internally used) UI will be required.
Work process will be the scrum/agile process used by the other teams as well (2 week sprints, 2 week delivery).
- Designing and building Java and Node.js applications that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per min
- Providing technical excellence, quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality
- Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g. DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Reviewing other colleagues’ code
- Experience designing and building Java applications (2+ years), Java 8
- Background in test driven development, automated testing and other software engineering best practices (e.g. performance, security, BDD, etc.)
- Experience developing RESTful API services (http, caching)
- Experience in using open source technologies and eager to learn new technologies
- Experience in Spring ecosystem: Spring Boot, Spring Data and Spring Cloud
- Experience in Node.js ecosystem: express, koa, sinon, nock etc
- Experience in using both relational and non-relational data-stores (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.)
- Experience implementing service-oriented architectures and message-oriented middleware
- Knowledge of distributed system patterns and tools: API Gateway (Kong, Zuul), Service Registry and Discovery (Consul, Eureka), ELK stack
- Experience in writing and deploying applications with continuous integration and deployment environments (e.g., Jenkins, Travis-CI, Chef/Puppet etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in Docker, Vagrant, Chef etc
- Excited about building great software and gets energized by solving complex problems
- Ability to work under pressure with ‘can do’ attitude and solid sense for setting priorities
- Distinct customer focus, quality mind-set and analytical skills combined with ability to develop creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with XX working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation