Zoomdata is a small and innovative company, based in Washington, D.C. focused on creating data analysis and data exploration BI web platform. The company builds a data visualization platform that provides a simple and intuitive way to analyze and visually interact with data to solve business problems.
We are Northern Virginia Technology Council's 2016 Hot Ticket award winner for Hottest Big Data Innovation. We hire brilliant engineers with creative minds, and the drive to make a positive impact by unlocking the secrets hidden in Big Data. With the right approach, we provide our engineers with the best tools and try to stay out of their way! We believe that when you give smart people the freedom to do smart things, you will get outstanding results.
Zoomdata is funded by Goldman Sachs and Accel Partners, investors behind Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian etc.
On behalf of Zoomdata Ciklum is looking for Java/Microservices Engineer to join Kiev team on full-time basis.
As part of a small and motivated team you will focus on building microservices using modern approaches in design, testing, tooling and development. Work in a friendly atmosphere with highly qualified professionals and people who care about team spirit and team result. Join Zoomdata’s extended team to build the product in the environment where Your innovation and ideas can make the difference. Contribute to framework selection, microservice extraction and deployment in On Premise and SAAS scenarios.
- Design, extract and apply best industry solutions to microservices
- Work on microservice unification, monitoring, fault tolerance
- Maintain/extend/test microservice REST API layer
- Work on efficient JPA/DAO/Service layer for metadata
- Perform load testing under different scenarios (multiple users, various service configuration, clustering)
- Focus on quality and scalable solutions, perform system performance tests and keep up with the baseline
- Spring framework and ecosystem
- Experience in designing and building production java systems that handle thousands of users
- REST API layer development and effective testing
- Java 8, functional programming
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good written and spoken English
- Microservices experience (Spring Boot based)
- TDD and focus on testability
- Gradle, Maven, CI experience (Jenkins, Bamboo)
Docker/Docker Compose/Kubernetes experience
- Zipkin/Open Tracing
- Sense of humor
What's in it for you
- Career advancement and leadership opportunities
- Tight English communications with US peers
- Motivated and distributed team of professionals
- Focus on unit and integration tests, continuous deployments, best development practices
- MacBook Pro Retina
- Perfect office location and dedicated room
- Lunches twice a week and regular team build activities
- Medical insurance