Java Team Lead for Thomas Cook (Kyiv)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Java Team Lead to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
- Create technical conditions and enablers for successful delivery;
- Provide delivery and code quality balance;
- Support technical debt minimization
- Align technical decisions with the team;
- Participate in architecture decision
- Support the team in providing technical feedback on architecture;
- Mentorship, сoaching, and technical training;
- Leads technical expertise meetings;
- Promote engineering practices and technical excellence (XP, CI/CD, TDD);
- Advise on the best development practices;
- Encourage technical and business domain knowledge outside the team
- Support processes transparency
- Generate the team’s growth vision with SM;
- Support and assists in the team self-organization
- Help the team members to get unstuck
- Leads by example. Delegation
- Advise on HR related topics (hiring, firing, promotion)
- Technical arbitrage
- Speak business and technical language, translate and vice-versa
- Practice and knowledge of Scrum
- Proven experience as a leader of development team
- Ready to share responsibility for the team deliverables
- Backend: Java 8, Spring 4.X (core, data, tx, web, orm), Hibernate X, Service/Message BUS (like Mule ESB or Apache Camel or similar), JAX-RS, JPA.
- Testing: TDD/BDD. JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Wiremock.
- DBs: MySQL, MongoDB.
- Others: SQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, XSD, XML, JSON.
- Fluent English.
- js v4 or higher
- Infrastructure: Chef, Docker
- Domain-driven design
- Good attitude to people management practices
- Persistent focus on delivery in a high-velocity and high-availability environment
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Excellent personal and communication skills with the ability to influence senior business, developers and IT executives on agile quality culture and best practices
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentationApply via site