The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Java Team Lead to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
We are a team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to deliver the right booking capabilities to help our customers find the best holiday options for their specific needs. We develop a flexible booking platform which is multimarket and is used by different sales channels. This is done using scrum, and we focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and Delivery. We work with Java. Our services are built and deployed using automated pipelines. The new services we develop are hosted on AWS.
As the Team Lead you will work within Booking Tribe and help to transform Business needs to working solutions.
- Set clear team goals (PDP/OKR)
- Oversee day-to-day team’s operation and performance
- Do regular performance evaluation
- Create a healthy and motivating work environment and atmosphere
- Develop a well-designed and motivating evaluation program
- Communicate with teams about their performance
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Plan and organize team building activities
- Delegate tasks and deliver team’s commitments
- Champion agile values and drive the team towards continual improvement
- Play the role of senior peer to engineers in the team, to help them meet professional challenges, advice on best approaches
- Ensure team builds high quality product
- Introduce best engineering practices
- Help Thomas Cook to improve technical culture
- Provide guidance on technical improvements
- 4+ years of development experience
- 1+ year of experience as a leader of development team with Developers and QAs roles in place
- Ability to influence at all levels, able to provide persuasive fact-based arguments to comply with standards and policies.
- Very strong technology background, with a focus on, technical architectures, compliance and standards
- Experience designing and building applications based on micro-service architecture
- Extensive programming experience with Java
- Experience with Docker and container eco-system
- Experience at debugging multi-tier architecture systems using the relevant tools
- Proven knowledge of scrum process
- Good understanding of purpose and benefits of REST API
- Solid knowledge of building CI/CD
- Experience working with configuration management tools like chef, ansible
- Experience with build tools, code coverage and testing frameworks – maven, junit, mockito, WireMock, spring-test etc
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Upper intermediate level of English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise
- Proven experience of using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including AWS services/products such as EC2, S3, CloudFormation, CloudFront, Elastic Load Balancing, RDS, CloudWatch and overall account structure / security
What's in it for you
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
- Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation