Java Technical Lead for Ciklum Solutions (Kyiv)
We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 250 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients you are an important contributor in making them successful.
Our environment gives you the opportunity to share your professionalism to help team members grow and we support you with training and education in the areas where you want to develop.
On behalf of Ciklum Solutions Java Team, we are looking for a leader with proven experience in both technical and people management areas to manage existing business unit of Java developers and ensure high competence level of the team.
We are a growing business line of Ciklum with currently 200 employees that delivers approximately 70 projects simultaneously. Our projects usually last for 3-12 months and our technological focus is mainly on web and mobile technologies. So, you’ll have the opportunity to get frequently in touch with new projects. Through direct knowledge exchange with international clients, you are an important contributor in making them successful.
As a Technical Lead, you will be a contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be strong. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure effective collaboration with other business units (Project Managers, Resourcing, People Partners).
Also, you will be partially engaged as an Expert Engineer in delivering projects.
- Elaborating and implementing the technical strategy of the stack;
- Participation and consulting in commercial projects as an expert
- Leading existing team of Java developers:
- Onboarding newcomers;
- Ensuring employees’ competence growth via grading assessment;
- Running semi-annual Performance Appraisal meetings, supporting with on-going feedback;
- Participating in salary review process;
- Initiate educational activities for the team.
- Close collaboration with Project Managers on tracking employee’s performance and engagement;
- Close collaboration with Project Managers on addressing employee’s allocation requests
- Strong experience in Java back-end development
- Strong Java skills including experience of Spring framework (Core, MVC, REST)
- Practical experience in using Application Servers; Apache Tomcat is preferable
- Practical experience of Hibernate and RDBMS; Postgres is preferable
- Experience with building, configuring and deploying services, microservices and applications;
- Experience and hands on experience to build CI/CD;
- Experience with unit testing and development processes like TDD / BDD;
- Working experience with Git and/or others version/source control systems;
- Experience with creating modular and testable code;
- Engineers technical interviewing and grading experience.
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of performance metrics
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills with ability to work with group of developers
- Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities;
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services;
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment;
- Professional skills development and training programs;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.
- Opportunity to have a business trip