Coople (formerly known as Staff Finder) is the world’s first on-demand staffing market place where businesses can find temporary workers to fill immediate hourly or daily staffing needs around the clock. Coople’s cross device software platform is intuitive and user-friendly, covering 98% of job requests within 4 hours. This allows businesses to effectively manage unpredictability, free up management time and significantly reduce costs. Workers love the flexibility and additional income they can generate through the platform. Over 120,000 people interested in temporary positions have already registered and over 6,000 employers take advantage of the fully automated on-demand platform. Coople’s focus is on the hotel & catering, promotions & events and retail & logistics industries and the provision of staff for non-industry specific commercial and administrative tasks. Viktor Calabrò, founder, CEO and Chairman, was honored for his innovative idea with the EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ Award in October 2014 and was nominated for the Swiss Economic Award in 2015.
Coople was founded in 2011 and has been the leading market place for the on-demand working environment for the past five years. In 2016, Disrupt 100 has listed Staff Finder as one of the 100 most disruptive companies in the world. The company employs 100 members of staff at its offices in Zurich, Lausanne and London.
On behalf of Coople, Ciklum is looking for a great JavaEE Back End Developer to join our excellent agile team in Minsk, on a full-time basis.
- Analyze requirements; design and estimate work in iterative cycles
- Help convert our monolithic JavaEE application to a serverless cloud-based microservices architecture
- Develop server-side software for the Coople website and apps using Java on AWS Lambda
- Support building the presentation layer built with REST services
- Build high quality software with a strong focus on maintainability
The technological environment
- Infrastructure is all in the AWS cloud
- The current server side is based on the JBoss Wildfly server running a JavaEE 11 application exposing REST services to be used by the clients (Web and Mobile apps); moving to AWS Lambda and serverless architecture
- The most prominent frameworks in use are EJB, CDI, RESTeasy, Ansible, Maven and Arquillian
- The web client part is built upon AngularJS
- The server runs on Ubuntu Linux. Version control system is Git. You are free to use an IDE of your choice (IntelliJ IDEA preferred)
- The tool chain and the development process are designed to allow for continuous integration and delivery (Jenkins)
- B.Sc., M.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in application development
- You have excellent Java knowhow, including JavaEE or Spring
- AWS experience a strong plus
- You benefit from your knowledge of architectural concepts like CQRS and Event Sourcing and you know how to build software based on these concepts
- Fluent in English both spoken and written. German is an asset
- Is passionate about building great software with latest technologies
- Strives to write high-quality code that is maintainable and readable
- Can adapt to existing styles and architectural concepts and further develop them
- Is self-disciplined and willing to constantly improve his/her skills to build a great platform with a high user experience
What's in it for you
- Product oriented way of development, taking part in all stages of app creation;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions.