JavaEE Backend Developer for Coople (Minsk)
Coople (formerly known as Staff Finder) is the world’s first on-demand staffing market place where businesses can find temporary workers to fill immediate hourly or daily staffing needs around the clock. Coople’s cross device software platform is intuitive and user-friendly, covering 98% of job requests within 4 hours. This allows businesses to effectively manage unpredictability, free up management time and significantly reduce costs. Workers love the flexibility and additional income they can generate through the platform. Over 120,000 people interested in temporary positions have already registered and over 6,000 employers take advantage of the fully automated on-demand platform. Coople’s focus is on the hotel & catering, promotions & events and retail & logistics industries and the provision of staff for non-industry specific commercial and administrative tasks. Viktor Calabrò, founder, CEO and Chairman, was honored for his innovative idea with the EY Entrepreneur of the Year™ Award in October 2014 and was nominated for the Swiss Economic Award in 2015.
Coople was founded in 2011 and has been the leading market place for the on-demand working environment for the past five years. In 2016, Disrupt 100 has listed Staff Finder as one of the 100 most disruptive companies in the world. The company employs 100 members of staff at its offices in Zurich, Lausanne and London.
On behalf of Coople, Ciklum is looking looking for JavaEE Backend Developer to join Minsk team on a full-time basis.
The technological environment
- The server side is based on the JBoss Wildfly server running a JavaEE 7 application exposing REST services to be used by the clients (Web and Mobile apps).
- The most prominent frameworks in use are EJB, CDI, RESTeasy, Camunda BPMN, Ansible, Maven and Arquillian.
- The web client part is built upon AngularJS.
- The server runs on Ubuntu Linux. Version control system is Git. You are free to use an IDE of your choice (IntelliJ IDEA preferred).
- The tool chain and the development process are designed to allow for continuous integration and delivery.
- You analyze requirements; design and estimate work in iterative cycles;
- You develop server-side software for the Staff Finder website using JavaEE 7 on the JBoss Wildfly server;
- You build and maintain the domain- and resource layer of the Java-based server application;
- You support building the presentation layer built with REST services;
- You build high quality software with a strong focus on maintainability.
- Sc., M.Sc. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in application development
- You have excellent Java and JavaEE 7 (EJB, CDI, REST is a must) knowhow.
- You benefit from your knowledge of architectural concepts like CQRS, ES, BPMN and you know how to build software based on these concepts.
- Good in English both spoken and written. German is an asset
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about building great software with latest technologies.
- Strives to write high-quality code that is maintainable and readable.
- Can adapt to existing styles and architectural concepts and further develop them.
- Is self-disciplined and willing to constantly improve his/her skills to build a great platform with a high user experience.
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions.