Ciklum is looking for a Junior Golang Developer to join our team full-time in Bulgaria.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
Our recently opened delivery hub in Sofia brings exciting global opportunities for Bulgarian tech talents.
About the role:
As a Junior Golang Developer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Aller Media.
About the Project:
You will be working on many of the brands belonging to the Norwegian part of Aller Media. Our portfolio is based on custom apps based on different frameworks and Labrador CMS. You have an awesome team of technical specialists and product owners that are really eager and involved to make great products, both commercial and for our users. In terms of technology we use Node.js, React and Go as our primary stack. Everything runs on Kubernetes in Google Cloud. The team is responsible for all development on several of our brands, many of them have several hundred thousand unique users every day! When our new services are set up and in production, they will still need some tender loving care and continuous development. The upside with our team is that the portfolio has stakeholders from a large part of our Norwegian organization. The team we want you to join has an internal credibility of being agile, fast, friendly and fixing real problems. On top of this you will have the room to widen your skillset and become an even better developer. Because we will challenge you! As English is our preferred language for communication (unless you are fluent in Norwegian as well) it is really important that you are skilled in both written and verbal English. We have standups on video every morning. As a team member, we don’t expect you to know everything about the business, but if you can understand the issues at hand from a business perspective, we believe that will help you produce the best fixes for our problems and contribute with value other than just lines of codes.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment (cloud-based platforms, microservice architecture, etc.)
- Implementing a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Experience in software development for more than 1 year
- Knowledge and experience in Golang (more than 1 year)
- Knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID)
- Database theory (RDBMS)
- Code testing practices
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API
- RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Key-value storages (e.g. Redis, Memcached)
- Experience with:
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Knowledge of software development
- Experience with:
- Messaging systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Google Pub/Sub)
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, Mental Health programs, Multisport cards, as well as financial and legal consultations
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – a 100% remote or on-sight in our office at the heart of Sofia. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just don’t miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
Ciklum entered Bulgaria in 2022 to expand its presence in Eastern Europe and is ready to welcome bright talents.
Be a part of a big story created right now – let’s grow our delivery centre in Bulgaria together. Boost your skills and knowledge: create and innovate with like-minded professionals as a part of a global company with a local spirit and start-up soul.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.