Stibo Systems is the global leader in Master Data Management (MDM) solutions. Over the past 30 years, we have helped growth-directed executive teams in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, travel and hospitality, automotive and grocery industries manage their technical and operational information on a global scale. Our client base of market-leading companies includes GE, KraftHeinz, Würth, Siemens, Walmart, Target & Fujitsu.
By linking product, supplier and other informational assets through an integrated process, our STEP platform streamlines the process of gathering, managing and sharing operational intelligence across the enterprise. This creates a single trusted source of strategic information and turns departmental knowledge into an enterprise-wide asset, resulting in increased profitability, reduced risk and enhanced agility.
We may be a rapidly growing company, but we are also a stable organization with a rich history. Our parent company, Stibo A/S, was founded in 1794 to serve the Royal House of Denmark and is still privately owned. (Yes, you could say that we are the world’s oldest software company!) We also believe in giving back. Stibo A/S is a foundation whose charter is to ensure the long-term development and survival of the company and contribute to the community. Since 1965, all company profits have been reinvested in the business and in charitable organizations throughout the world.
On behalf of Stibo Systems, Ciklum is looking for a Junior Backend Microservice developer with experience in Java and various microservice tools to join our emerging technologies team. The position will be in Gdansk, Poland on a full-time basis.
Stibo Systems is a global market leader within the area of strategic information management. Our Master Data Management (MDM) solution enables large organizations to manage strategic information globally. By providing the links between the product, the supplier, and other information related assets by means of an integrated process our platform streamlines the process of collecting, managing, and delegating operational intelligence across the customer’s company. The long list of customers has more than 300 global companies including several very large enterprises such Sony, GE, Siemens, The Home Depot, Adidas, and Kellogg’s. Stibo Systems has 600+ employees in total working in offices located in all major continents. We are part of the Stibo A/S group, with a head count of 1200 employees worldwide.
Stibo Systems develops enterprise software for Master Data Management (MDM). Due to a growing market share, a very powerful product strategy targeting both existing and new business verticals and a focus on innovation, Stibo Systems is currently hiring new employees.
Please also see www.stibosystems.com.
About the role
Are you an aspiring backend developer with an interest in new and emerging technologies, like AI, Machine Learning, Analytics, and BI deployed via Microservices in the cloud? Do you also care about how these technologies can be used to solve complex real-world business problems? Are you willing to challenge the status quo and think innovatively and creatively to imagine the art of the possible these technologies can offer? If you can answer yes to these questions you may be the person we’re looking for.
Stibo Systems is looking for a talented Microservice Developer to help us with our journey to create a multi-tenant SaaS platform in the cloud, delivering business services powered by a host of emerging technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Analytics & BI.
The role is in our Product Development organization, specifically in our Emerging Technologies group.
Your main role is to take part in architecting and building the Saas platform, defining the APIs and creating the services that will be consumed by our multi-domain MDM solutions. The services themselves will employ various techniques for machine learning, statistical modelling, as well as integrate to 3rd party software. Between building software to support our best in breed enterprise MDM suite and providing great business value for our customers, there will be opportunities to be creative, think about the art of the possible, and do explorative spikes to test new ideas.
The product development process is agile, based on SCRUM methodology, and you will be part of a small, but dynamic, development team.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Participate in infrastructure, architecture and tool selections
- Participate in designing and implementing the platform API
- Participate in designing and implementing the platform services
- Participate in stakeholder and end user requirements sessions
- Participate in sprint planning, demos, estimation, and retrospectives
- Participate in unit and integration testing development
- Participation in the ideation and planning for product roadmaps
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Java 8 development – 1 year+ experience
- Spring Boot 2 and Spring Cloud experience
- Swagger experience
- Docker experience
- Proficient in English, both written and verbally
- The ability to think in solutions to business challenges rather than in terms of deploying technology
- Very good analytical skills to think through complicated use cases and designs
- Familiar with agile development using SCRUM
- Prior work experience in developing for a microservice architecture
- Java 11 development experience
- Good and audience-aware communication skills (written as well as verbally) in discussing requirements and solutions with both the user and business side (non-technical) and within the development team (technical)
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with Python and scikit-learn
- Experience with Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka queueing
- Familiarity with different AI and ML technologies and platforms (e.g. TensorFlow)
What's in it for you
- Challenging job where you will get the opportunity to make a difference. The environment is professionally motivating and offers great chances for personal development as well, while your initiative and good ideas are very welcome.
- Possibility to work in a team where the well-being and professional development of each employee is vital and due to your performance you will be able to directly influence your career
- Competitive salary
- Core working hours starting between 8 and 10 am
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with own gym, showers, warm atmosphere and chill out areas – PlayStation 4, unlimited amount of coffee and tea are guaranteed
- Ergonomic and user-friendly equipment (laptops and standing desks)
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to include your family in it
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package
- Parking space 50% covered by Ciklum
Client video presentation