Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
Ciklum is looking for a Lead Business Analyst to join the team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Working within the central Ciklum IT Department, the Lead Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that Ciklum’s business strategy, needs and requirements are accurately and holistically understood, analysed, documented and met by the business technology solutions and business change activities of the Ciklum IT Department. The Lead Business Analyst will operate as the Architecture & Analysis Lead’s delegate for business analysis in large or complex initiatives.
Leadership & Management
The Lead Business Analyst should act as a senior delegated authority for the Architecture & Analysis Lead for business analysis, providing management and leadership to the Ciklum IT Department’s team of Business Analysts.
- Leading, managing and professionally developing a team of Business Analysts
- Ensuring the integrity, quality and coherence of the Business Analysis undertaken by the Ciklum IT Department
- Providing a point of escalation regarding departmental Business Analysis, on behalf of the Architecture & Analysis Lead
The Lead Business Analyst will lead the identification and analysis of business needs and requirements and govern the realisation of those needs by solution delivered by the Ciklum IT Department by managing and leading a team of Business Analysts as well as personally undertaking Business Analysis activities.
- Continually collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their context, strategy, needs and requirements
- Elicit, analyse, document and manage business and technical needs, requirements and constraints
- Discover, model, analyse and optimise business processes, including current, target and transitional designs
- Discover, model, analyse and assess business data, including current, target and transitional designs
- Define business change roadmaps to communicate the IT strategic business change
- Communicate the needs, priorities and concerns of business stakeholders on their behalf in a highly-informed and trusted fashion
- Provide a “trusted advisor” relationship to business stakeholders regarding their aspirations, benefits and realities, providing healthy challenge, guidance and support
- Communicate the options, designs, plans, risks and general position of a business technology project on behalf of the IT department in a highly-informed and trusted fashion
- Describe, track and monitor the business benefit of business change activities
- Validate correctness of proposed and then delivered solutions to business needs and requirements
The Lead Business Analyst should effectively manage project and ongoing relationships with business teams, stakeholders and IT colleagues.
- Maintaining regular stakeholder contact through face-to-face and written communication
- Communicating complex concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, from junior technical staff to senior management
- Operating as an ambassador for Ciklum, the Ciklum IT Department and the Ciklum IT Strategy
- Recognising opportunities for improvement, championing change management initiatives and motivating team members to embrace change
- Articulating and engaging in discussions about business architecture, business analysis and the development of innovative solutions
- At least 10 years of experience in a professional IT role or equivalent business improvement role
- At least 7 years of experience in a Business Analyst role or equivalent role responsible for identifying, defining, planning and supporting significant technology-enabled business change
- At least 2 years of experience leading and functionally managing teams of Business Analysts (internal or external) to ensure the integrity, quality and coherence of their efforts
- Relevant degree-level education (business or IT); postgraduate qualification desirable (MSc, MBA)
- IIBA CCBA, BCS BA Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to continually collaborate with business stakeholders and build trusted, long-lasting and effective relationships
- Ability to facilitate analysis workshops with attendees from diverse backgrounds, varying skill sets and levels of seniority
- Ability to communicate the needs, priorities and concerns of business stakeholders on their behalf in a highly-informed and trusted fashion
- Ability to analyse complex situations, environments or systems and form an informed, evidence-based assessment and recommendation
- Ability to communicate the options, designs, plans, risks and general position of a business technology project on behalf of the IT department in a highly-informed and trusted fashion
- Ability to describe, track and monitor the business benefit of business change activities
- Knowledge and practical experience of the following activities, including the practices, methodologies, frameworks and tools to undertake these:
- Review, understand, articulate, capture and assess business strategy (preferable/ideal)
- Discover, model, describe and measure business models, operations and capabilities
- Elicit, analyse and manage business and technical needs, requirements and constraints
- Discover, model, analyse and optimise business processes
- Discover, model, analyse and assess business data
- Identify, consider and describe major business change issues and activities
- Estimate effort required for Business Analysis activities and validate the estimates of others (non BA, e.g. Development)
- Validate conformance of proposed solutions to business needs and requirements
- Validate correctness of delivered solutions to business needs and requirements
- Highly experienced and comfortable undertaking all of the above Business Analysis activities in:
- Custom software development projects and settings
- Off-the-shelf, SaaS and third party delivered solution projects and settings
- In Agile delivery projects
- In non-Agile (waterfall) projects
- Knowledge of multiple of the following corporate business domains: HR, Recruitment, Finance, Procurement, Facilities Management, Sales, Marketing and Professional Services/Delivery Management
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and issues clearly and succinctly to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders, resolve disagreements and issues, and positively influence outcomes
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent spoken English and Ukrainian or Russian
- Excellent written English
- Ability to efficiently create clear, concise written documents, presentations, diagrams, business analysis artefacts and deliverables in English
What's in it for you
- At Ciklum you will have access to industry expertise and innovative technologies
- You will build your career on global projects
- You will challenge conventional ways of getting things done
- You will be a part of a learning ecosystem with access to top practices, the best industry knowledge and certification programs
- You will join a corporate culture with a strong social responsibility
- You will be part of a team that works to the highest ethical standards
Being a Ciklumer means feeling passionate about what you do, striving for excellence, being ready to step up and open new solution spaces for new ideas, being part of an open-minded and enthusiastic community.
Join us today and let’s empower success together.
Client video presentation