Ciklum is looking for a Lead Data Quality Engineer to join our team full-time in India.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Lead Data Quality Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for Our Client.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
About the Client:
The Data Quality unit creates, monitors and maintains data quality at the edges (BU specific) and within the VMware ecosystem. Considering the FY24 priorities and project needs, we are looking for individuals who can strategize and implement DQ practices to propagate data standards in alignment with business objectives.
- Someone with the practical exposure towards building DQ framework and policies/supported policies in building the framework from the scratch
- Understanding of WHY we are doing DQ and WHAT impact it will have, is very important in order to create entire end-to-end DQ framework and identify data pain areas. Person needs to understand business context and relate that to actual use cases and then implement
- Someone who can relate to real world business cases
- You will focus on working closely with your peers, engineering, and business stakeholders to understand the workflow and existing technology
- You will be expected to understand and implement data quality processes across various projects. You will be expected to understand the need and impact of doing data quality projects specific to each use case
- You will be expected to actively engage with all stakeholders, build trust and influence, as you start delivering outcomes to the business
- You will be expected to be an expert in your area of responsibility and have built up a network of contacts across VMWare and the industry to continue to expand your knowledge and educate others as you advance
- You will contribute alongside your peers, bringing your unique experiences from your soft skills to Data Quality best practices, to technical tradeoffs and how those impact our customers
- You will also mentor your peers, using both past and new experiences to help those around you learn and grow
- Facilitate conversation between divergent group of stakeholders within VMWare
- Create point of views and business cases to articulate value and drive business alignment
- Developing and updating a roadmap that supports the broader business unit strategy
- Bring in Knowledge of working with huge data sets & identifying anomalies within the given dataset so that the business problems can be proactively identified & fixed
- Play a key role in leading the development, and implementation of data quality rules and standards to support enterprise goals
- Work with business partners, stakeholders, and the IT departments to define and document data quality rules, targets, and standards
- Partner with data stewards and owners to implement, enhance, and manage governance dashboarding capability on quality metrics
- Able to successfully use tools like IDQ, and Informatica Analyst
- Have 5-8 years of experience in data quality/governance/ analysis related work or similar background
- Proficiency in SQL with a minimum of 5-8 years of hands-on experience in Postgres, Hive, MySQL or similar databases.
- Good to have experience with tools like Tableau, Informatica EDC, Axon
- Ability to work across geographies and interact with global stakeholders
- Communicate effectively by having strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak to varying levels across the organization
- Write proposals for new areas to focus on, help develop blog posts, update confluence, presentations, and other forms of communication
- Participate in seminars/events, write whitepapers / research papers, conduct brown bag sessions, identify innovation, and patent opportunities
- BE/BTech/MCA/MBA with adequate industry experience
- Should be at least around 8 years of experience in Enterprise intelligence
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong on SQL and experience in Informatica or equivalent tool.
- Must have hands-on experience across the various phases of a typical DQM solution – data profiling, data integration, validation, cleansing, standardization, matching, consolidation etc.
- Should have understanding and experience of software development best practices
- Excellent business communication, Consulting, Quality process skills
- Understand and assess the Source to target map documents and provide the recommendations if any
- Manage Enhancement on Informatica or Collibra MDM/Oracle/SQL server coding skills
- Data modeling skills
- Understand the source & downstream requirements before working on enhancements
- Code, test, implement and maintain medium to highly complex code and scripts to build and maintain automated processes
- Good exposure to SQL, Informatica or Collibra MDM, DG
- Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills
- Strong analytical skills to make a critical assessment of the information from numerous sources
- Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical form
- Setting clear goals and priorities. Time-management, ability to handle multi-tasking activities and prioritization
- High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing stakeholders, conditions, circumstances and feedback. Quick learning
- Good communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Self-confidence. Ability to accept criticism for continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- Working in a comfortably located office with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Work with a large number of customers who use various approaches and technologies;
- Experience of operating on different cloud and on-premise applications
- Access to webinars, Udemy courses
India is a strategic growth market for Ciklum.
Join the global business with limitless growth opportunities and world-known Fortune 500 clients.
Lets aim high together and write our history of success in India.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.