Sisense, the cutting edge BI company, dedicated to be one step ahead of the market. We love innovation, we always seek better solutions and customer delight.Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal and we take no less than ‘WOW!’.
Sisense provides a single stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up big and complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer Data Prep product, to a powerful reporting product that turns data into insights and business value that can be shared across the organization.
Established in 2004, Sisense has an office on Wall Street in New York City, where the sales and marketing team sits, and two offices in Tel Aviv, Israel, where R&D, worldwide sales, and support are located. Hundreds of businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, are using Sisense to crunch their data and uncover insights. eBay, ESPN, Sony, NASA, and Motorola are just a few example of the leading companies who have chosen Sisense as their BI tool.
On behalf of Sisense, Ciklum is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to lead a team of engineers in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to build our next-generation SaaS platform, which will support thousands of customers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building infrastructure and tools to automate technical operations, and will be enthusiastic about mentoring junior engineers. You will be responsible for building a multi-tenant environment which can quickly add capacity for new customers, and which can scale to meet ever-growing customer demand. In addition, you will work with a team of developers to create continuous integration and deployment infrastructure that enables deploying to production on a daily basis.
- Work with software engineers and other stakeholders in San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and Kyiv to design an efficient, scalable, global platform for Sisense customers
- Automate the provisioning and configuration of Kubernetes clusters running in a multi-tenant AWS environment
- Create tooling for provisioning compute and storage resources for new and existing Sisense customers
- Develop continuous integration and deployment pipelines that enable fast, repeatable, and frequent builds and deploys
- Lead and mentor a small team of devops engineers in Kyiv and own deliverables for your team
- Coordinate work for your team with contributors in San Francisco and Tel Aviv
- Document the design and architecture of the systems you build, and share knowledge with the global Sisense team
- Participation in on-call rotation supporting 24×7 service uptime
- 2+ years’ experience working with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience creating and supporting infrastructure for SaaS systems
- 3+ years’ experience configuring AWS services
- Scripting and software development skills, using at least one of Ruby, Python, or Bash
- Strong understanding of and professional experience with Docker
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins or Concourse
- Experience with project planning and Agile development practices, such as Scrum and Agile
- Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
- Network engineering experience
- Software development experience
- Database administration experience, preferably with PostgreSQL and/or MongoDB
- Engineering management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, as required for working with a global team across multiple countries, languages, and cultures
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent English communication and writing
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Growth mindset
What's in it for you
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 24 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions