Linux DevOps Engineer for Ciklum CTO Office (Kyiv)
Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum Chief Technical Office is looking for Senior/Middle DevOps Engineer to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Our client is the leading telecom operator in Europe. We deliver highly-complex eCommerce solution which includes Magento-based web-platform and mobile applications. The solution is actively growing, as it’s driven by market competition and feedback of thousands of users. Ciklum is long-term partner for the client providing end-to-end delivery service for 4+ years. The Client highly appreciates Agile principles, and invest heavily in transformations within business and IT to make this work efficiently.
DevOps engineers in Ciklum are responsible for helping to build a highly available CI/CD pipeline ensuring that systems are buildable, deployable and operationally supportable. As necessary, DevOps may participate in various cross-project activities like architecture design, third party software evaluation, pre-sales, troubleshooting. Our goal is to have everything in code: Infrastructure as Code, Configuration as Code, Testing as Code, Network as Code, etc.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Comfortable in challenging the status quo and can argue their case to lead and inspire digital transformation for Client
- Able to meet deadlines and love the fact that you play an essential role for the business success
- Have a background in development and now want to move in the direction of managing cloud infrastructure, digital delivery logistics and site reliability engineering
- Helping to manage CI/CD on the Magento 2 webshop projects
- Work closely with the software engineering teams to build, deliver and manage our services with high uptime
- Work on deploying system in Dev, Integration, QA, and production, both by developing automation tools and automating deployments
- Work on build infrastructure software (CI systems, artifact repositories, release management systems, SCCS, etc.)
- Support Automation Efforts around build, test and deployment automation
- Deep knowledge of Linux OS and web technologies: Networking, Ansible, Nginx/Apache, PHP 7, Certificates, Authorization, Permissions, Performance Monitoring and Logging
- Good experience on configuration CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab (API)
- Good skills with writing bash/sh
- Good experience with Docker, Varnish, Redis, ElasticSearch
- A working understanding of code and PHP script
- Experience with monitoring systems like Appdynamics
- Strong experience with SQL
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS or Azure)
- Manage source control including GIT
- Cloud technologies: Containers, PaaS services, caching, CDN
- Experience with Azure will be a huge plus: container services, functions, ARM emplates, Web apps, PaaS services
- Selenium, SoapUI/Postman automation to set up environments for QA engineers
- Knowledge about load testing tools (LoadImpact etc)
- Experience with performance tools (jMetter etc)
What's in it for you
- Collocation with cross-functional Delivery Scrum team in Kiev
- Work on commercial internet-shop of leading telecom operator
- Be a part of progressive Agile adoption on client side
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities
- Business trips
- A lot of various technical seminars
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions