Middle Android Developer for AKQA (Kyiv)
AKQA is an independent, ideas-led agency and we work with the world’s leading consumer brands.
We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Washington DC, San Francisco and Shanghai and are one of the world’s most rewarded creative agencies. AKQA has been named Revolution magazine’s Agency of the Decade; AdAge Digital Agency of the Year; AdWeek Digital Agency of the Year and Fast Company’s Top 50 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Our people are core to the work we produce for our clients and contribute to a culture which fosters innovation, service, quality and thought in everything we do. We reward them by providing an inspirational working environment, opportunities to move between departments and international offices, excellent remuneration and an industry leading training and development programme - AKQA Academy.
The future inspires us. We work to inspire.
On behalf of AKQA, Ciklum is looking for Middle Android Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 2+ years of working experience in Android development
- Proficient with Java, Kotlin and android SDK
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Experience with Unit and UI automation testing, JUnit and Espresso frameworks
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with Reactive programming, RxJava framework (would be great)
- Experience with MVVM software architectural pattern (would be great)
- Experience with Android wear (would be ideal)
- Experience with BLE (would be great)
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards (would be great)
- Experience with C/C++ language (would be great)
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (would be great)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications (would be great)
- Familiarity benchmarking and optimization (would be great)
- Familiarity with continuous integration (would be great)
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with the client
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies
- Variety of knowledge sharing and training opportunities, a lot of various technical seminars
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good
- working conditions