Middle Azure Data Engineer
Big Data & Analytics
Ciklum is looking for a Middle Azure Data Engineer to join our team full-time in India.
We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
As a Middle Azure Data Engineer, become a part of a cross-functional development team working for the Client. The Azure Data Engineer is responsible for building, implementing and supporting Microsoft BI solutions to meet market and/or client requirements. They apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
About the Client:
You will work closely with top-tier client teams across the US and UK spanning a variety of industries (Banking, Insurance, Retail, Media etc). These projects will give you an understanding of industry evolution, business issues and new and emerging technologies and enhance your ability to bring client-specific industry solutions in MS Dynamics CRM.
- Designing and implementing data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Azure Databricks
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting of data sets
- Integrating the end to end data pipleline – to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Working with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces, Search)
- Evaluating the performance and applicability of multiple tools against customer requirements
- Skills: Azure Databricks, PySpark, Spark SQL, Delta Tables, Azure DataFactory, MS SQL, Stored Procedures, Azure Synapse
- Experience: 2-4 years
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end deployment of MS Azure Data solutions using Azure Databricks, ADF, Python and Synapse
- Hands-on experience in developing ETL solutions using Azure Databricks
- Cognizant is looking for Azure Data Engineer with strong Azure Databricks working experience using Spark SQL and PySpark
- Experience in writing the complex ETL code using Spark SQL, PySpark on Azure Databricks
- Proficient in implementing all transformations available in Spark and Python
- Candidate should have an in-depth understanding of Databricks Lakehouse platform
- Candidate should have a good understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud platform for building the data analytics systems
- Experience in building & debugging the Azure DataFactory Data Pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of Transact-SQL (DDL, DML)- creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs)
- Certification(s) Preferred: Azure certifications AZ900, DP900, DP203, Databricks Data Engineer
- Microsoft Azure Platform – Mandatory
- Good understanding of MS SQL Server Dataware house ecosystem, MS SQL, SSIS (Added advantage)
- Knowledge/experience with Azure Synapse Analytics. (Added Advantage)
- Working in Agile methodology
- Knowledge of Code management (Github/BitBucket)
- Systems thinking and functional decomposition skills
- Strong analytical skills to make a critical assessment of the information from numerous sources
- Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical form
- Setting clear goals and priorities. Time-management, ability to handle multi-tasking activities and prioritization
- High flexibility. Ability to modify approach as per changing stakeholders, conditions, circumstances and feedback. Quick learning
- Good communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Self-confidence. Ability to accept criticism for continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- Care: your mental and physical health is our priority. We ensure comprehensive company-paid medical insurance, as well as financial and legal consultation – so we live this point like this
- Tailored education path: boost your skills and knowledge with our regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), Udemy licence, language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Flexibility: choose how you want to work – remote or Hybrid or on-site in our offices. Own your schedule – you are the one to decide when to start your working day. Just dont miss your regular team stand-up
- Opportunities: we value our specialists and always find the best options for them. Our Resourcing Team helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfil your potential
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
India is a strategic growth market for Ciklum.
Join the global business with limitless growth opportunities and world-known Fortune 500 clients.
Let’s aim high together and write our history of success in India.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.