On behalf of Aiia, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Back End Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Our award-winning infrastructure delivers a simple, easy-to-use API with high-quality bank connectivity, enabling companies in three segments: banking, accounting, and payments. Our customers range from big banks, such as Danske Bank, DNB, OP Bank, and Santander, to large accounting companies like Dinero and Pleo. We also support startups that are pushing their new solutions live.
As we grow over the coming years, we plan to expand our solution to the rest of Europe and develop new products to offer value-added services on top of our open banking network.
We’re product people in a financial world who build cut-to-the-bone, frictionless, and highly effective products. We’re constantly improving and growing as a company and as individuals, and we welcome a positive can-do attitude and thinking outside the box in any form. We believe that people thrive when they get to express their creativity and deliver results, and we respect that no fixed time slot for creative work exists. Punching a clock is a thing of the past.
To enable open banking that simply works we currently cover around 3000 European banks – and counting. As the APIs of the banks are not uniform, it’s a fairly complex area. And the trick is that our clients never experience that complexity. Because at our core – removing complexity for our clients, is what we do. A key component in this is having the right abstraction layers, to avoid adding banks one after the other.
So if you are keen on designing and building the right abstractions and building a robust framework, this role might be for you.
- You will work across the full span of our payments domain, from our public APIs to the connections to the banks
- You will become a technical subject matter expert within Open Banking and PSD2 APIs
- You’ll design and build the abstractions needed to support the wide range of different payment implementations across banks – so that we build a robust framework, that enables us to avoid “serial production” when building and maturing connectivity features
- You’ll help to mature the quality of both our processes and our technical and commercial products
- You will help shaping the architecture and operate our platform to be highly available and highly scalable – so it will be able to handle the ever-growing volume of data access, 24/7/365
- You’ll be the organisation ambassador for high-quality connectivity solutions
We’re building the future of payments done directly from the bank account, effectively removing many intermediaries and delivering simpler, and more secure solutions. The Payment Division has full end-to-end product responsibility for our account-to-account payment products and value-added services.
Major responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining high-quality connections to banks’ payment APIs
- Building strategies and solutions for value-added services and functionality, such as cross-border payments
- Combining tech features into products and services that solve client needs and are viable from a business perspective
The Payment Division contains product managers and best-in-class developers. Our efforts are structured around small squads of 2-5 developers with product managers and key functional units, such as operations, payment specialists, business analytics, and compliance to support the teams.
- You are an experienced C# / .NET developer; alternatively, you have a background that easily allows you to transition.
- You are dedicated to the product and to creating high-quality code.
- You might have experience of integrating with different APIs.
- You have real world experience delivering high-quality, reliable software.
- You enjoy discussing new abstractions, designs, and solutions with your colleagues.
We care about cooperation, teamwork, and recognize that building complex software is not for one-man-armies. So we are looking for a team player, who’s eager to engage with the individual members of the squad as well as our other colleagues across departments.
As we are an international company with around 15 nationalities, Danish is not a prerequisite for this position.
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions Gdansk or Wroclaw
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Ciklum with a possibility to cover family members
- Fully covered life insurance – 100 000 PLN
- Fully covered drug insurance – up to 2 000 PLN/year
- Multisport card 100% covered by Ciklum – Benefit Systems, Plus package