The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Cloud DevOps Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We are a Platform/Core team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to drive our development towards high quality continuous delivery process. We believe in DevOps as a philosophy which brings benefits for all and as a team we are inspired to integrate this within the company.
We focus on agile delivery, using Continuous Integration and we are exploring Continuous Delivery. Our squads follow agile processes (Scrum or Kanban), to deliver the best value for our business. These squads are agile teams with analysis, development and testing capabilities, they work with Java/NodeJS/Angular (with an option of other development languages in the future). Services developed by the squads mainly get deployed to RackSpace, but we are moving step by step to AWS completely, with automated code and deployment pipelines.
In the role of DevOps, you will be helping multiple squads in a tribe to deliver their applications and services into the different deployment environments (from development to production). Next to this, you will work as an expert in the field of infrastructure, coaching the squads, and helping the squads to grow their understanding and knowledge of the infrastructure domain. This can mean AWS services, networking, security, etc.
- Support squads in delivering their services and applications to the business in the most efficient way;
- Coach and train squads on the infrastructure domain (AWS, networking, security, etc);
- Analyse existing infrastructure and pipelines, and work with squads on improving these where required;
- Work with tribe leadership and squads to improve tools and ways of working;
- Continuously improve processes and ways of working.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based production systems;
- 2+ years of automatically provisioning, configuring and deploying environments;
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (tools like Jenkins, AWS codebuild, AWS codepipeline);
- Experience with at least one virtualization/cloud technology (RackSpace, Azure, AWS, etc);
- Good knowledge of Node.js/Python/Ruby/Java/Groovy;
- Experience and belief in Agile principles such as Lean, Kanban, Scrum;
- Time management.
- Commercial experience with AWS services;
- Experience with Terraform;
- Docker experience.
- Challenge the status quo, open-minded and ready for rapid changes;
- Drive for continual improvement;
- Strong logic and analytical skills;
- Good level of English and strong communication skills.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation