Chief Technical Office is the most innovative unit of Ciklum, providing unique expertise and consultancy in Big Data &Analytics, Research and Development, as well as DevOps services. We create advanced solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients and accumulate world-class expertise, solving real-world problems that impact millions of people in areas such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT, VR/AR and many others.
Our main principles are:
People are over processes and hierarchy.
Flat and open collaboration/communication.
Explorer increases creativity and brings more value to business.
Investing to people and innovations ensures your future.
Reuse and share your experience - develop best practices, publicize and follow them.
Ciklum CTO Office is looking for a talented Middle Data Engineer in Kyiv to join the big data team.
The team is working closely with R&D Department on innovative solutions for entire Ciklum and its clients. The position involves working as an engineer responsible initially for implementing different big data solutions (which are not limited to Hadoop stack). This will involve small and “big” size projects of about from one to three months. You must possess strong writing and verbal English communication skills. You will be required to have strong customer facing skills and the ability to travel.
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Backend Python or Scala with Java development
- Design and implementation of DWH architectures, ETL processes, Streamed ingestion and processing
- Defining data retention policies
- Participation in project estimation
- Participation in technical pre-sales
- Scala 2+ years Or Java 3+ years
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Demonstrate experience in real-world ETLs on Spark
- Real-world BigData projects with one of: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience with building stream-processing systems e .g. : Kafka/Kinesis/Google Pub&Sub/RabbitMq/Apache Pulsar/ZeroMq with Apache Spark Streaming/Storm/Flink/Heron
- Experience with any RDBMS
- Ready for intensive self-education as a must
- Graduate in quantitative scientific, engineering and/or mathematical discipline (Mathematics generally, Statistics/Probability, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Experimental Psychology, Chemistry, etc.) – demonstrable deep knowledge in quantitative principles
- English – upper intermediate
Nice to have:
- Experience with Design “data model” any of Data Lake/Data Vault/DWH/EDW with star schema etc.
- Experience with Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Presto or Impala
- Strong with such concepts as multiprocessing, multithreading, concurrency, parallelism, locks and complexity or distributed algorithms
- Experience with any of Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks/EMR/Google DataProc/HDInsight
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Any Scalable HTAP or OLAP DB any of (Vertica, Teradata, Druid, Pinot, Vitess, ClickHouse, TiDB, Greenplum, Redshift, Big Query, Cockroach DB)
What's in it for you
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programmes
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions