Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join the UA team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our existing client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership
Technology Stack: Python, MS SQL Server
Project description: Client is the UK based company operating in the financial management solutions services. This project is about Customer platforms in the pension funds domain. Goal is to achieve contribution monitoring (1000s of contributions into the pension scheme from employees and customers) & later a solution for data cleansing & data governance of the platform. Process automation, using a set of business rules and data quality rules, as well as data visualization is in the focus of the client. Candidates will join the client’s team of 80 engineers already working on the solution.
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions
- 2+ years of experience coding in SQL, Python with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required. Masters preferred.
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical use cases highly desirable
- 1+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, Storm, SQL and NoSQL data warehouses such as Hbase and Cassandra
- 1+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Airflow, APIs, GraphQL
- Scala/Java, Spring
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure design and implementation
- Experience in backend development and deployment
- Experience in CI/CD configuration
- Curious mind and willingness to work with client in consultative manner to find areas to improve
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English
- Good analytical skills
- Good team player, motivated to develop and solve complex tasks
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined and result-oriented
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
What's in it for you
- A Centre of Excellence is ultimately a community that allows you to improve yourself and have fun. Our centers of excellence (CoE) bring together all Ciklumers from across the organization to share best practices, support, advice, industry knowledge and to create a strong community.
- Close cooperation with client
- A constant flow of new projects
- Dynamic and challenging tasks
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals: learn from colleagues and gain recognition of your skills
- European management style
- Continuous self-improvement
Client video presentation