On behalf of Tubular Labs, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Data Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
Are you interested in building products and technology to change the future of video? Do you want to make an impact with a close-knit team within a 110-person company? Do you want to ship code as soon as you join and scale systems at a successful and growing startup?
Tubular goes beyond real-time insights about the performance of online videos across all countries, devices, and all major platforms, by also making available the performance of everything else: competitive analysis, marketing demand, industry and thematic trends.
We have empowered 5,000+ creators and 200+ Enterprise customers to create content with confidence, improve their organic and paid promotion, find and partner with influencers, and report it all out efficiently. Tubular analyzes the engagement of the world of digital video viewers and tracks 7+ billion videos and live streams across the major platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Twitch.
Come watch your favorite videos on comedy, gaming, fashion, electronics, and more as you build cool visualizations, scale systems tracking billions of engagements, and create an application layer of insights on top of the activities of 1+ billion online video viewers.
Our stack of technologies:
Python, Spark, Hive Metastore, Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Async.IO, Auro, Thrift, AWS.
- You are going to be responsible for a full software development life cycle of one of the most critical parts of the system – Data Ingestion
- Good engineering skills
- Understanding of system level programming
- Good level of ownership
- A desire to learn new technologies and build great software used by key people in the digital video entertainment industry
- An innate ability to solve problems and communicate your technical insights effectively
- Experience with Python or data engineering
- Enthusiasm to be an active and contributing member of a high-performance engineering team.B.A./B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or an equivalent field
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to work with truly big “Big Data”. Learn how to build infrastructure that ingests 10 TB of data per day across nearly 1 billion transactions
- Use a modern technology stack, including: Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch
- Contribute to a highly collaborative team with a culture of openness, ownership, and growth-mindedness
- Startup culture – you see your own impact to the company success