The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for Middle DevOps Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of technology team involved in designing and building large enterprise system that scales to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond. You will work as a part of DevOps team closely to Development teams. You would bring DevOps methodology and practices such as infrastructure as a code, versioning, CI/CD, microservice architecture into application delivery lifecycle from the beginning. Also you will participate in migration of enterprise system into the most popular cloud solution and building design for it.
- To integrate closely with Development teams
- To analyze and improve upon existing systems, services, infrastructure and processes
- To participate in the building of tools and processes to improve delivery business projects to Production
- To analyze projects needs for infrastructure in order to setup unified solutions
- Experience in configuration of Continuous Integration (mostly Jenkins)
- Monitoring tools (preferable Zabbix, NewRelic)
- Linux proficiency – must
- Configuration management (preferable Ruby based tools like Puppet/Chef)
- 2+ years experience leading the team of engineers in agile environment
- Experience with virtualization and Clouds
- Knowledge of standard services such as Node.js, nginx, Apache, MySQL, MongoDB, Tomcat
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML, json
- Scripting and Development skills
- Experience and belief in Agile principles such as Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven
- Mentoring and stakeholder management skills
- Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies experience
- Software development experience
- Understanding of networking, security, applications and/or protocol design is desired
- Persistence, responsiveness and good communication skills
- Good attitude to people management practices
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Drive for continual improvement
- Ability to live and work in multitasking mode 🙂
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation