Just Eat Takeaway.com is a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We've built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 24 countries - with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We're passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
You can read more about us at: https://www.justeattakeaway.
On behalf of Just Eat Takeaway, Ciklum is looking for a DWH Engineer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
- Develop/maintain the data warehouse applying the industry’s best practices
- Apply known “best practice” / “lessons learned” knowledge to create reliable, multiple times a day or continuously running agents, possibly aware of model changes and other possible occurring issues
- Collaborate excellently with the team and stakeholders in agile iterative processes
- 3 + year in data integration / ETL projects
- Strong experience with Kimball modelling approach
- Experience with parsing structured and unstructured data and creation of ETL pipelines for data warehousing
- Understanding DWH and Data Lake architecture
- Advanced SQL and relational databases including queries, database definition and schema design
- Experience with Python (general knowledge is enough)
- Experience with database performance optimization
- Knowledge about how to model data and processes, how to test data, how to implement proper logging, and how to troubleshoot issues swiftly
- Experience with MPP databases like Redshift/Greenplum/Teradata/Snowflake etc or with DBMS like Postgres/Oracle/MySQL with a BI and/or analytics focus
- Knowledge of data warehouse modelling methodologies such as dimensional modelling, data vault
- You like clean code and ideas, and are able to strike a nice balance between speed of development and documentation plus testing
- It would be good if you have worked with Spark/Hadoop
- Knowledge of DBT
- Ability to work collaboratively with others both locally and remotely
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Continuous improvement
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentation