The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Front End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Our project tech stack:
- NodeJS, React
- Elixir, Elm
This role will contribute on technical implementation of technical solutions for the Thomas Cook Money business as required by the commercial team across, Banking, Pre-Paid cards, Insurance, Loyalty and CRM and across markets and channels (web, mobile and integration). Working with the Chief Architect & team leads, the jobholder will ensure that solutions are functionality delivered, for both applications and infrastructure meets the business needs and comply with technical policies and architectures.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Testing the output of your own work prior to handing over for independent testing
- Documents the low-level design of the developed solution from a maintainability and supportability perspective
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed
- Participating in all necessary quality assurance work required to ensure the delivered products are truly fit for the purpose
- Ensure code quality by testing the deployable solution, working closely with the test automation person
- Reviewing code and providing mentorship to other developers in agile team
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge with other developers
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience designing and building production SPA with close to 100% code coverage
- Good understanding of React, React-Router, Flux, Redux;
- Experience with build tools, code coverage and testing frameworks – webpack, istanbul, jest etc.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of ES6 (ECMAScript)
- Basic knowledge of nodejs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN
- Experience in using of CI and CD environments and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative nature and ability to work within a team
- Good personal organisation skills, ability to prioritise
What's in it for you
- Possibility to grow professionally as a Front-end/FullStack Developer
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Competitive salary
- Mac workstation
- Career and professional growth
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation