On behalf of Yoopies, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Front End (Vue.js) Developer who has a passion for creating, testing and delivering world class products, to join our awesome Tech team in Kyiv.
We need a person who can implement responsible web design principles to ensure that Yoopies renders well across multiple devices. Also will monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues.
If you can assist in the development of applications and features that will be put on the website and in internal functions as well – we’re looking for you!
Yoopies were founded in 2012 and recently raised 4M€ to build a more robust and senior organization. We did acquired findababysitter in the UK and want to continue our expansion across Europe. We are now established in 15 countries, helping people and companies to find well-being services. We also help professionals to find a job and provide a great experience to our consumers.
As there’s much to come like: launching new countries, extending our services to provide a 360 experience, launching a new B2B digital offer to revolutionize traditional-boring Employe Assistance Program, offering new care services; we continue to invest a lot in Technology.
Our Tech Team came from 15 to 30 persons in less than 8 months and we plan to recruit more and more. We have multi-disciplinary jobs in our great Technology team: Data, Design, Product, Developers, QA and Dev-Ops giving us the capacity and authority to quickly experiment our ideas. We are Customer Centric and our Customer Success Team is also based in our HQ in Paris (next to Tech). This is helping us in providing a top-notch customer experience on daily basis. We know what is a feedback-loop 🙂
Finally, we are an open-minded team of 70 with strong values, all going to the same direction. We work hard to make everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things. We care about our Users and we care about our People.
Our Vision: Improving the well-being of people, from A to Z.
Our Mission: Make well-being affordable and accessible for the many not the few building trust not constraint.
Our Ambition: Become the European Leader of well-being, for individual as well as companies.
Who are the people that come to Yoopies to find a babysitter, book a Childminder, find someone to help their elders? What do they need? What can we do to make their experiences better? Our Technology department is revolutionising the way people interact together. Our team also collaborates with other internal departments to make sure our products and tech are tailor made from top insights and industry expertise.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- As a member of your team, you’ll need to demonstrate the following principles:
- No limits, just opportunities: Design and build great software, look beyond the limits.
- Caring matters: Help, support, coach and empower your teammates.
- Faster, Better, Simpler: Move fast with confidence, Secure, Stable, Scalable, fast and reliable platform.
- Share everywhere: Share ideas, concept, information, pitch, stand
- Build together: Empower your colleagues, build Trust, Keep control and offer Transparency.
- Work as a game: Scale efficiency in a great working atmosphere.
- Learn to learn: Stay in touch with the next technologies and trends.
- Engineering production-ready software
- Experience working with legacy code
- Knowledge of current design practices
- Understanding REST principles
- Understanding of typical platform performance measures
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good knowledge of GIT vcs
- Consulting on SEO best practices
- Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Product-oriented mindset and customer satisfaction as first objective
- Good oral and written communication
- Fluent in English
Our technical stack:
- Our Android apps are entirely written in Kotlin
- Our iOS apps are entirely written in Swift 3 (+Xcode 9)
- We’re currently switching from a REST API to a GraphQL API
- For that migration we’re switching from Retrofit to Apollo
- PHP7, VueJS, MariaDB, ES, Redis, Varnish hosted on AWS stack
- Scrum with 7 days sprints and classic Product process (from Grooming, Planning/Prio, Daily stand-ups, Demos, QA, Release, Follow-up, Retro)
- Event oriented platform with Dataviz on: Tableau, Amplitude, GA, Superset
- Customer Interview, Design Sprint, OKR
What's in it for you
We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the
authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- The opportunity to become an authoritative voice within the engineering team of a successful and still fast-growing company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out. Pick your metric, set a hypothesis and prove it.
- An open, innovative, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Ability to open source code that you work on.
- Open minded approach to development practices. We work asynchronously and use the tools we have effectively, keeping you in the zone for as long as possible.
- All the hardware you need to get your job done.
- The option to use open source code to solve problems. Do not reinvent the wheel.
- A balance between adding product features and improving the code base. We hate technical debt.
- Join a fast growing company with a lot of ambition.
- This job opportunity is located in Kyiv, Ukraine.