With more than 9 million registered players, Lottoland is the most successful private online lottery company worldwide. We currently employ more than 350 people at 11 locations on 4 continents. The Financial Times has recently ranked Lottoland 128th in the FT1000 ranking of Europe's fastest growing companies. A record 90-million-euro win last year was officially confirmed by Guinness World Records as the world record for the highest online payout ever. And we are only at the beginning! We are one of the most innovative companies in the world and we’re confident that our newest products are set to revolutionise gaming.
At Lottoland, we´ve created our very own company culture which combines fun and thriving to be the best. Coding is our passion – you´ll recognize it in a second!
Our team in Malaga consists of 70+ developers – if you´re calling them IT Geeks, they´ll smile as they´re more than that. They can work miracles. Because we´re working one of the fastest-growing gambling platforms in Europe. In our office you´ll get an idea about us: We are stuffed with state-of-the-art technology and due to agile project methods our days are structured, but still exciting like nowhere else.
On behalf of Lottoland, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Full Stack Developer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis.
To support our development teams in Malaga, we are looking for a Middle Full Stack Developer who is experienced and passionate about software development, who loves to push product development using state-of-the art technology, and who has very high-quality standards.
As a Full Stack Developer you will work in one of the multi-disciplinary Lottery teams implementing and improving new and existing functionality of the betting platform. You will use your experience and knowledge to support and make architectural decisions together with the software architects, play a part in the selection of new technologies, and promote knowledge transfer both within your team and between teams. You will also be responsible for reviewing the work of your colleagues as well as supporting junior developers.
- You plan, develop and improve the betting platform with a very high degree of ownership (“you built it, you run it”) on a continuous delivery basis
- You design and implement interfaces to other high availability systems
- You evaluate the use of new technologies, architectures and frameworks
- You collaborate closely with software architects, product owners and stakeholders
- You support junior developers
- You are a part of a highly collaborative agile process
- Passion and eagerness to build the best betting platform together with your team
- In-depth practical experience with OOP, design patterns, Java EE 7 + (CDI, JSF, EJB, JAX-RS), databases (both SQL and NoSQL) and data structures (4-5 years)
- Good understanding of complex software architecture including both frontend and backend
- Familiar with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Services etc
- Experience in developing self-contained/micro services is a plus
- Good understanding of whole software lifecycle and tools, and proficient using Git.
- Highly familiar with agile development and continuous delivery
- High quality standards. Awareness of Clean code practices, as well as others (SOLID, KISS, DRY, etc.)
- Eagerness to work on topics like performance optimization, responsiveness, scaling and high availability.
- Great expertise with standard frontend technologies, HTML, CSS, SASS/LESS/Stylus,
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Babel, Grunt, Gulp etc
- Experience on testing strategy and tools for both backend and frontend components.
- Enthusiastic about working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good English skills are a must
- A completed degree in IT or a comparable course is desirable
What's in it for you
- A dynamic and highly motivated international team of skilled and experienced professionals
- An open culture defined by passion for developing software, fun and mutual respect.
- State of the Art technology environment and Continuous Delivery process
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- Continuous learning based on a training & development program
- Competitive salary