JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for Middle Full Stack Developer for our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
Every member of the Technology team is responsible for:
- The availability, security, scalability of our platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Planning for the future
As a PHP Full-Stack Developer of the Just-Eat.Fr Team you and your team will deliver high quality features and performance improvements to the Just-Eat.Fr Platform. Your work will truly make a difference, enabling Just-Eat.Fr to achieve ambitious growth targets.
Part of an effective team
Our engineering team is working for more than 5 years in Kyiv to deliver value to JUST EAT customers and partners in France by implementing new features and services for French JUST EAT Market. Just-Eat.Fr is the established online takeaway market leader in France. Just-Eat.Fr’s future growth and stability are critical to the wider success of the JUST EAT Group.
As a PHP Full Stack Developer you will play a key role in ensuring that your team can efficiently turn Just-Eat.Fr’s ideas into reality. You’ll need to:
- Track the progress that you are making towards the business objectives of Just-Eat.Fr and JUST EAT globally, and transparently communicate that progress to your stakeholders and Technical Lead.
- Follow the processes, standards and quality that your team demands.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more efficient.
- Make sure you understand new product features. Participate actively in workshops with Just-Eat.Fr product managers and other JUST EAT teams.
- Collaborate with analysts to ensure requirements are delivered to the right standard and changes are accepted.
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
Part of a healthy team
As well as responsibility for own work, everyone is responsible for the overall health of their team and the people in it. You’ll need to:
- Help induct new members of your team, and instill our common responsibilities and principles in them.
- Generate enthusiasm and a sense of pride within your team for both the product features you build and the engineering & design skills you apply to problems.
- Working within a high-transactional e-commerce business
- Knowledge and clear understanding of best design practices
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Development Skills:
- Strong LAMP Stack experience.
- Experience with Laravel framework
- Clear understanding of microservice architecture principles and best practices
- Experience with at least one of the popular MVC frameworks (Vue.js, React, AngularJS etc.)
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Quality and non-functional experience:
- Understanding of typical platform performance measures
- Ability to execute performance tests and interpret results
- Knowledge of functional testing
- Knowledge of production log generation and analysis
- Ability to use all the variety of debugging tools to effectively diagnose and fix issues in different environments
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Experience working with Vagrant
- Experience with Webpack
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- The opportunity to become a senior and authoritative voice within the engineering team of a large and successful, but still fast growing company.
- An environment in which sound and evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Technical Lead, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
Client video presentation