LanguageWire (https://www.languagewire.com/) is a global translation services provider. We have built our own platform with a strong focus on automation and machine learning.
We have multiple teams developing parts of the combined solution: a business process management system, connectors for CMS and PIM systems, a web-based CAT tool, machine translation and NLP services.
Our team works on the core tools used for the translation process delivered as a set of micro services and we also own the public REST API. The team is located in the center of Kyiv, at the Gulliver BC. The team consists of 3 developers, a QA engineer and a product director. We do iterative development being close to our customers and releasing new features approximately every 3 weeks. We prefer direct communication over bureaucracy.
At LanguageWire we mostly use the Microsoft technology stack (we are three times Gold Microsoft partners), hosts most things on our own servers. A dedicated team of IT administrators and DevOps Engineers are responsible for the infrastructure. We are currently transitioning from a private cloud to a hybrid cloud strategy, leveraging containerization and infrastructure by code approach.
All platform development teams work according the “You build it, you run it” paradigm. We operate an enterprise class, highly available 24x7 platform. It’s the responsibility of each developer to make sure that the services run smoothly. Observable services and deep monitoring are key to make data driven decisions for the architecture and operations.
We are currently transitioning from a private cloud to a hybrid cloud strategy, leveraging containerization and infrastructure by code approach. Our core services handle huge amounts of documents and XML data, so it’s paramount to focus on performance scalability of our services.
On behalf of LanguageWire, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Full Stack .NET Engineer, who will assist the company in bringing competitive solutions able to fulfill high customer’s demand to quality, accuracy and performance, to join our Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
LanguageWire is a translation agency with its own software platform. Our other teams develop a business process management system, connectors for CMS, whereas our team works on tools for translators. First of all, it is a web-application where translators work, as well as a set of micro-services under the hood. The team is located in the center of Kyiv, at the Gulliver BC.
We do iterative development being close to our customers and releasing new features approximately each 3 weeks. We prefer direct communication over bureaucracy.
The company mostly uses the Microsoft technology stack (we are three times Gold Microsoft partners), hosts everything on its own servers. A dedicated team of IT administrators is responsible for the infrastructure. Together we are building our own private cloud. So it would not be a problem to get the latest .NET Framework or SQL Server version.
We expect a candidate to:
• Possess fast-learning, self-driving, self-organizing mentality;
• Be able to understand complex business’s domain;
• Be a good team player.
- Contribute to code base while keeping in mind mandatory requirements on simplicity, scalability and high performance
- Be involved in full solution development cycles starting from planning to showing demo
- Produce high quality testable code, unit and automated tests
- Do code review and communicate knowledge to other team members
- Solid experience in developing commercial apps using ASP.NET MVC or ASP.NET Core MVC
- Knowledge of OOP, OOD, TDD, DDD, SOA
- Good knowledge of C# and .NET framework
- Experience with MSSQL, ORM (nHibernate or Entity Framework), REST APIs
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science or alike
- Good spoken/written English
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Client-side SPA frameworks (e.g. Vue.js, React, Angular or any other)
- CSS preprocessors like LESS and SCSS
- Micro Services architecture
- Message brokers (Service Bus, Rabbit MQ)
What's in it for you
- Open and friendly, but also demanding work atmosphere, where you have the opportunity to grow to become a rock star developer!
- Enthusiastic, professional and skilled colleagues that help each other to reach common goals
- Short communication distance: you communicate and work directly with the client
- Knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with a warm atmosphere that creates really good working conditions