Ciklum is a Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain.
As Ciklum employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the US IoT World Hackathon, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.
Ciklum is a technology partner for Google, Intel, Micron, and hundreds of world-known companies. We are looking forward to seeing you as a part of our team!
On behalf of Ciklum Digital Engineering Team, we are looking for a Middle Java Developer to join our Kharkiv team on a full-time basis.
You will join a highly motivated team and will be working on a modern solution for our client. We are looking for technology experts who want to make an impact on new business by applying best practices and taking ownership.
Supersmart is reinventing the shopping experience!
The self-scan retail world is craving for innovation as retailers seek efficient, revenue-saving checkout systems while shoppers need fast & easy shopping experiences.
Introducing Supersmart, the easiest and fastest way to shop, enabling the instant checkout of fully-loaded carts in less than thirty seconds, bypassing tedious lines and AI technology that helps protect the store’s revenue.
Today supermarkets are experimenting with different approaches for faster checkout. Our solution brings competitive advantages using existing shopping carts and products.
We are looking for Middle Java Developer, who can’t wait to get their hands on the development of staff, plan and design technical solutions. We are looking for you, who has experience with large-scale, distributed systems, likes challenges and is capable of finding innovative solutions using various technologies.
- Back-end development to meet customer’s business needs and implement components according to modern software development environment
- Design & develop highly scalable microservices that serve millions of shoppers monthly with Spring cloud runs on Kubernetes environments
- Taking part in the decision-making process in application code design, solution development, code review
- Develop and review feature design documents and provide inputs/update to specifications for the solution
- Design and implement a set of various types of tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Proactive position in solution development, processes improvements
- Working in an international distributed team in an Agile environment
- Communicate with PMs, engineers, Architects, QA and other colleagues and stakeholders
- Delivering the product roadmap and plannings
- To use high coding standards, software best practices and write highly testable, automatable and performant code over the whole SDLC
- Experience in software development for more than 3 years
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science, Computing Theory:
- Paradigm & Principles (OOP, SOLID)
- Database theory (RDBMS)
- Code testing practices
- Data structures
- Design Patterns
- Understanding of network interactions:
- conventions (e.g. REST, RPC)
- authentication and authorization flows
- standards and practices (e.g. oAuth, JWT)
- Strong knowledge and experience in Java (more than 2 years)
- Practical commercial experience with:
- REST API development
- At least 1year of experience with Spring framework and Web API
- Proven experience in managed programming, with a significant background in server-side Java development using Spring Boot, Spring Data/JPA
- Testing frameworks (e.g.g. JUnit, PowerMock, WiresMock) (more than 1 years)
- Deep understanding of database technologies (No-SQL databases such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch and relational databases such as MySQL, etc)
- Experience with Microservices programming pattern
- ORM (e.g. Hibernate) (more than 1 years)
- RDBMS (e.g MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle) (more than 1 years)
- Web Servers
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Gitlab Pipeline, Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming and Messaging Queues (Like RabbitMQ)
- Experience with:
- Agile software processes and technologies
- Code Review process
- Refactoring process
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Using Grafana for monitoring services
- Spring cloud contract testing
- A degree in computer science
- Experience in B2C mobile field
- Experience working with Dockers and Kubernetes
- Experience with client-side development. (JS and CSS)
- Ability to be part of a team, and be a supportive teammate
- Ability and will to learn and explore new technologies
What's in it for you
- Career growth opportunities
- Realization of your innovative ideas in building new Ciklum Solutions and Services
- Friendly collaborative teams and an enjoyable working environment
- Professional skills development and training programs
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with a warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
Client video presentation