The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Java Developer to join the Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
As a Java Developer you will be part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large-scale single-page web application that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
- Designing and building large scale java applications that scale to billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond;
- Providing thought partnership with business and product owners in translating high value business ideas into beautiful and innovative software solutions;
- Providing technical excellence on team to ensure quality first mindset, simple architecture and highest code quality;
- Writing great software adhering to agile software engineering practices (e.g.,DRY principles, TDD, continuous integration, automated tests, etc.)
- Java 7 (strong knowledge);
- Spring 3.X, Spring boot, AWS;
- Testing: JUnit, TestNG;
- DBs: MySQL (or Oracle), MongoDB (or any NoSQL database);
- Others: Maven, Github, Continuous Integration, Jenkins;
- Fluent English.
- React and Bootstrap;
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently (or collaboratively with team) on solutions.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentation