We are a leading global product engineering and digital services company that unites 4000+ seasoned professionals globally on various projects in healthcare, fintech, travel, sportswear, entertainment, and security. Ciklum delivers high-impact technology solutions to Fortune 500 and fast-growing organisations worldwide.
About the role:
About the Client:
e.fundamentals develops an eCommerce analytics platform, built on GCP, that allows a growing number of world class manufacturers to increase their sales across all online channels. They help big names like Kellogg's, PepsiCo and Mars achieve outstanding results.
The e.fundamentals platform is built on a modern tech stack, which we evolve to make sure we’re using the best tool for the job:
- The data acquisition platform is built with Java, NodeJS and Typescript
- Neo4J, ElasticSearch and MySQL are our primary databases
- We use Google Big Query for our Data Warehouse
- We use Looker for BI Visualisations
- The e.fundamentals service is built with React and NodeJS
- Everything runs on Google Cloud Platform deployed with Kubernetes
You will join the Data Acquisition Squad with a mission to gather, enrich and make useful the vast quantities of data that power every e.fundamentals product. It currently gathers over 4 million pages per day from around 500 retailers around the world. The Data Acquisition Squad build, maintain and evolve the in-house Data Acquisition platform.
- Analyse bot and anti-bot systems and how they detect robots
- Build and improve our anti-antibot system and captcha-solving algorithms
- Create and monitor our custom data acquisition platform adding new metrics for observability and alerting
- Be able to think outside the box to solve hard difficult to replicate data challenges
- Have a passion for technology and are constantly learning
- Strong understanding of web technologies: HTML, DOM, HTTP, and CSS
- Experience crawling or analysing webpages
- Experience consuming data from and creating Restful API’s
- A test first mentality
- A solid grounding in the understanding of agile software development
- Experience with Web Scraping and associated challenges: anonymization, captcha solving, and fingerprinting
- Cloud technology, especially Google Cloud Platform
- System Networking and Web Traffic
- Data analysis and SQL skills
What's in it for you
- Global impact: work on large-scale projects that redefine industries with international and fast-growing clients
- Welcoming environment: feel empowered with a friendly team, open-door policy, informal atmosphere within the company and regular team-building events
- Flexibility: hybrid & 100% remote work opportunities, flexible work schedule
- Work-life: 23 vacation days & short Fridays
- Health: comprehensive company-paid medical insurance & 4 additional undocumented sick leave days
- Tailored education path: regular internal events (meetups, conferences, workshops), language courses and company-paid certifications
- Growth environment: share your experience and level up your expertise with a community of skilled professionals, locally and globally
- Opportunities: our Internal Mobility Program helps change a project if needed to help you grow, excel professionally and fulfill your potential
Our Delivery Center in Malaga is one of the leading IT hubs in Andalusia – it provides an exceptional mix of vibrant tech talent community, wide-open access to learning and career advancement opportunities, hybrid / remote work setup & endless Mediterranean seashore summer.
Be bold, not bored!
Interested already? We would love to get to know you! Submit your application. We can’t wait to see you at Ciklum.