Middle PHP Back-End Developer for Stryber (Kyiv)
We are Stryber - a leading company builder, located in Munich (Germany) and Zurich (Switzerland).
We build web/ mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to become leading solutions in their market.
Simple click-dummies, rapid MVPs or sophisticated deep-tech SaaS solutions, we have a variety of start-up projects ahead of us in industries like FinTech, PropTech, Health, Food/Beverage or MarTech.
On behalf of Stryber, Ciklum is looking for Middle PHP Back-End Developer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
We are looking for PHP Back-End Developer helping us to build new digital ventures from scratch and/or adding new features to one of our existing platforms. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Apart from your excellent programming skills, you possess the ability to think from a customer-oriented perspective, to build features as efficiently and smart as possible, and have high expectations of yourself to build customer-friendly, fast, and reliable software.
Apart from your excellent programming skills, you possess the ability to think from a customer-oriented perspective, to build features as efficiently and smart as possible, and have hive expectations of yourself to build customer-friendly, intuitive, and beautiful software.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable PHP code
- Building backend solutions that can be connected with multiple external APIs and handle data efficiently (e.g. asynchronous processes, caching, error handling, batch processing, secure transmissions)
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Actively help to improve code quality, application speed and scalability, architecture and
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- 2+ years experience with building sophisticated PHP web and backend solutions
- Basic knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel and Symfony)
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Basic knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Familiarity with concepts of OOP, MVC, Mocking, ORM, continuous integration, microservices, and RESTful
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of tools like GitHub and JIRA
- Experience with popular APIs, like Mailchimp or Stripe, is a plus
- Experience with Magento e-commerce solution is a plus
- Experience working and communicating with an international client
- Written and verbal fluency in English is a must
- Reliable, organized, communicative, customer-oriented;
- Passion for startups;
- Intrinsic high-quality standard and motivation to constantly learn and improve
What's in it for you
- Work on really cool start-up projects, they might include the next unicorn
- We do not expect a 9-to-5 working routine; results count
- We cultivate a respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely
- We achieve extraordinary outcomes that exceed the expectations of our clients and make our customer happy
- Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun