MIACAR is the new rolling supermarket, changing the way people buy groceries. Products will be delivered within a 20 minute time slot, at lowest prices, free of charge and with a minimum order value of 25 CHF.
The assortment is tailored on the customers needs and represents the most popular products from all over the region. The startup is growing at a very high pace, welcoming new employees and customers on a daily base. The company positions itself as the leading tech driven online grocery and last mile delivery company in Switzerland.
On behalf of MIACAR, Ciklum is looking for Middle PHP Developer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
- Be part of a cross-functional MIACAR product team, together with other engineers, devops, designers, QA and product owner.
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reliable and readable PHP code
- Building backend solutions that can be connected with multiple external APIs and handle data efficiently (e.g. asynchronous processes, caching, error handling, batch processing, secure transmissions)
- Identify bottlenecks, performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions for it
- Learn the new languages, how the infrastructure and pipeline works, and how to monitor, analyze and react on emerging issues
- 2+ years experience with building sophisticated and performant PHP solutions
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks, e.g. Laravel/Symfony
- Familiarity with concepts of OOP, MVC, Mocking, ORM, CI/CD, DI, microservices, SOLID, CQRS and RESTful
- Strong test-driven mindset to ensure high software quality
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable, distributed and secure application
- Ability to design, create and deliver a service from scratch to production
- Experience with SQL, schemas, indexes. Postgres knowledge is a plus
- Written and verbal fluency in English is a must
- Experience with Docker / Containerization
- Proficient understanding of tools like Git/GitHub/GitLab/Atlassian products
- Understanding of the 12 factor app principles is a plus
- Experience NoSQL databases and ElasticSearch is a plus
- Interest in functional programming is a plus
What's in it for you
- Be a key player in the most ambitious online food startup of Switzerland;
- Challenging data-driven environment with interesting problems;
- No 9-to-5 working routine expected — results count;
- Take ownership from day one;
- Learn how to deliver value from idea to code to production;
- Respectful atmosphere in which everyone feels comfortable to speak up freely;
- Awesome team challenger events and a lot of fun;
- On-site visits to Switzerland;
- Competitive salary protected from local currency deviations;
- Modern offices with warm atmosphere;
- Latest technologies and best industry practices;
- Become a long-term part of the project;
- Professional and personal growth;
- Highly motivated, dynamic and international team.