Middle PHP Developer Just-Eat France (Kyiv)
JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for Middle PHP (Full Stack) Developer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
As a Middle PHP Developer of the Just-Eat.Fr Team you and your team will deliver high quality features and performance improvements to the Just-Eat France Platform. Your work will truly make a difference, enabling Just-Eat France to achieve ambitious growth targets.
Part of an effective team
Our engineering team is working for more than 5 years in Kyiv to deliver value to JUST EAT customers and partners in France by implementing new features and services for French JUST EAT Market. Just-Eat.Fr is the established online takeaway market leader in France. Just-Eat.Fr’s future growth and stability are critical to the wider success of the JUST EAT Group.
Every member of the Technology team is responsible for:
- The security and scalability of our platform
- Delivering our product roadmap
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- Track the progress that you are making towards the business objectives of Just-Eat.Fr and JUST EAT globally, and transparently communicate that progress to your stakeholders and Technical Lead.
- Follow the processes, standards and quality that your team demands.
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more efficient.
- Make sure you understand new product features. Participate actively in workshops with Just-Eat.Fr product managers and other JUST EAT teams.
- Help less experienced team members, in both technical skill and practical engineering.
- Generate enthusiasm and a sense of pride within your team for both the product features you build and the engineering & design skills you apply to problems.
You need to have following set of skills and experience:
- Engineering production-ready software
- Working within a high-transactional e-commerce business
- Development Skills:
- Strong LAMP Stack experience
- Experience with Laravel framework
- Understanding of microservice architecture principles and best practices
- Good knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Good knowledge of GIT VCS
- Quality and nonfunctional experience:
- Understanding of typical platform performance measures
- Experience covering code with Unit tests
- Knowledge of functional testing
- Knowledge of production log generation and analysis
- Ability to use all the variety of debugging tools to effectively diagnose and fix issues in different environments
You’ll have an advantage if you have some experience working with:
- Elasticsearch and Redis
- Google Services API (maps, places etc.)
- At least one of the popular MVC frameworks (Vue.js, React, AngularJS etc.)
What's in it for you
- We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win out.
- Regular 1-2-1 meetings with your Team Lead, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products
Client video presentationApply via site