JUST EAT is the world leader in online takeaway ordering - processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these. We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
On behalf of Just Eat, Ciklum is looking for a Middle PHP Engineer to join our team in Kyiv on a full-time basis.
E-commerce platform built on the LAMP stack hosted in AWS cloud. Recently, the development team has started actively introducing innovations by moving from Web Site to Web Application using Vue / Vuex / Nuxt and launching new microservices in containers.
Just Eat FR tech team consists of 2 teams located in Kyiv, each of them responsible for different areas of the platform:
- Consumer facing components team
- Restaurant Partners components team
How do we work
We follow Kanban in our day to day work, including daily stand ups, grooming sessions, retrospectives etc. We communicate closely with Product Owners and Technology Managers located in France and the UK. We control the quality and standards of our code base by regular code reviews and automated tests. We use market standard tools – JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Teamcity, Slack.
- Create high quality well tested solutions
- Implement new and support existing microservices
- Implement integration with 3rd party API’s
- Ensure you and others continuously improve by proposing and then implementing new processes, designs and engineering practices that make your team more efficient
- Take responsibility for supporting your changes all the way through to proving that they work well – and continue to work well – in production
- 3+ years of Back End development using Laravel / Symfony frameworks
- Experience developing and integrating with REST API
- Experience in writing auto tests
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with Vue.js framework
What's in it for you
We’ll believe and trust in you and your abilities. So you and your team will have the authority to make the technical decisions you need to meet your responsibilities to the rest of the platform and company.
- An environment in which good, evidence-based arguments are always listened to, and will win
- Regular 1-to-1 meetings with your manager, with support and guidance to set and then meet personal career objectives.
- An open, friendly and fun environment; we have a relaxed dress code and regular social events.
- Regular hackathons – use your imagination, ideas and technologies of your choice to innovate and deliver prototypes of new products.
Client video presentation