At Tictrac we have a simple mission: to change the way people look after themselves, for good. We’re trying to achieve this via a multi-device health and lifestyle platform that provides users with lifestyle plans and support tailored to their wellbeing goals.
Our platform syncs with 100s of monitoring devices (think Fitbit, Jawbone etc.) and popular diet and fitness apps, allows users to compete in fitness challenges and delivers goal-based programs designed with input from leading personal trainers and experts in behaviour change.
Rather than being supplied directly to consumers, our platform is licensed, globally, by health, insurance and government organisations keen to engage their audience in lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing to reduce the risk of major health conditions.
On behalf of Tictrac, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Python Developer to join Lviv team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for an experienced Python Developer with a passion for pushing backend technologies to the limits. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Being a key stakeholder in the architecture, design and development of our backend systems.
- Managing the data between the product, server and users.
- Integrating and connecting with external APIs.
- Implementing and building solutions for the backend systems by translating business requirements and designs into high quality, reusable code.
- Creating unit tests to verify functionality, usability and general reliability against specifications.
- Diagnosing performance issues, troubleshooting issues reported by stakeholders, debugging and implementing codes fixes to improve the backend performance.
- Working with cross-functional teams to produce and maintain internal and external-facing documentation.
- Collaborating with colleagues to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Optimising the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ideate, define, design and ship new features.
- Participating in technical discussions and contributing to decision-making in relation to the backend.
- Continuously discovering, evaluating, recommending and implementing new technologies to maximise development efficiency and product enhancements.
- 3 years’ of software development experience with Python.
- Django/Django REST or experience with other Python web frameworks is essential.
- Proven knowledge of REST API and service-based architecture and development.
- Experience with Clouds, previous AWS experience and knowledge of building apps that scale will be an advantage.
- Track record of working with PostgreSQL databases.
- Experience with message/task queue systems such as Celery and RabbitMQ.
- Working knowledge of tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Jira etc.
- Working knowledge of the general backend landscape, architecture and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full development life cycle.
- A commitment to creating quality products.
- Sound problem solving and debugging skills.
- Advanced English skills.
- Experience working with product management and UX/UI designers.
- Prior experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Ci /CD) technologies, specifically Drone and Jenkins.
- Unit testing experience.
- MS\BS degree in Computer Science or another engineering related subject.
- Able to work to tight timescales.
- Can work well autonomously, without close supervision, ready to take responsibility for projects and deliverables.
- Acting as a Team player and having highly developed communication skills, both towards co-programmers and management.
What's in it for you
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client.