Encode is a Danish SaaS vendor in the fast growing Marketing Technology (MarTech) space, delivering a software service for marketing planning and production to teams across brand owners, retailers and agencies with a mission to “make life easier — and more productive”.
The Product and Engineering Team is currently 14 strong and growing, with team members in Odense, Kiev, London and California. We follow agile methodologies in building our product and pay attention to user experience, performance at scale and delivering features that our customers and the market will love.
The product is in the active development stage but we are in process of re-designing our application from both the user experience and architecture perspectives.
On behalf of Encode, Ciklum is looking for a Middle QA Engineer for our team in Kiev on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a Software Testing engineer to expand our existing team.
The major responsibilities of the position includes defining both Acceptance and Regression test specifications based on business cases from clients and consultants, as well as performing the associated manual testing activities and assisting our developers in fulfilling the business requirements in each sprint and for the final product releases.
Current tech stack: React, Redux, Bootstrap, Linux, Intellij IDEA, GitHub, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira, Apache Tomcat, Jest, JUnit/EasyMock, Spring (IoC and Web), Hibernate, EhCache, RabbitMQ, MariaDB, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- To be a member of Agile team and participate in all phases of specification, estimation, development and quality assurance.
- Designing and writing Acceptance and Regression tests for all feature development.
- Manual functional and non-functional testing, including creation of high-level test cases using best suitable testing techniques. Regression testing. Analyzing areas of the system affected during the development phases in order to get better and optimized test coverage.
- Processing defect reports submitted by our clients or internal technical support, including analyzing steps to reproduce the problem, identify affected areas, as well as contacting the client to obtain more detailed information if needed.
- Assisting our consultants and clients in solving specific problems within the product, including providing troubleshooting information.
- Participation in requirements clarification, including collaborating with client, developers and other involved persons.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in software testing and Quality Assurance.
- Practical knowledge of manual (must) and automatic testing techniques (extra plus).
- Experience in creating test documentation such as test cases, checklists, defect reports.
- Analytical skills.
- Able to self-management and with good interpersonal skills.
- Interest in product quality and motivation to improve it.
- Experience in bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in automated testing with Selenium/WebDriver/JBehave is a plus.
- Experience in software development with Java or any other OO-language is a plus.
- Experience with IT usage in the retail stores or advertising agencies is an extra plus.
- Good spoken and written English.
- High-execution, self-motivated, go-getter attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
What's in it for you
We’re constantly striving to ensure that we offer the most encouraging, supportive and efficient environment possible. The whole team is involved in prioritising and evaluating our releases.
- Great team and friendly environment
- Challenging tasks
- Lack of bureaucracy
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary