PowToon is the world’s leading, most user-friendly and most intuitive animation software with over 16 million PowToon users worldwide. With PowToon, anyone – even if you don’t know a pixel from a proxy server – can create engaging, animated videos with a professional look and feel.
20,000 new PowToon user signups every single day and over 45 million Powtoons have been created and shared around the world!
On behalf of PowToon, Ciklum is looking for Middle/Senior Back End (Python) Developer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
Powtoon is the world’s leading, most user-friendly and most intuitive animation software. With over 30 million users and counting, Powtoon is used by virtually all Fortune 500 companies, business professionals, educators, students and individuals worldwide.
Powtoon enables anyone to create AWESOME animated videos using a state-of-the-art web-based animation studio, using a large library of animated assets, all built according to the latest animation standards.
Our next challenge is to create a platform which uses the studio as a heart, enabling plugins, extensions and integrations to empower it. This is an architectural challenge and taking part in this is a rare opportunity.
Powtoon uses the leading development processes. We work fast, in short sprints, using continuous integration pipelines. We strive to keep up with the latest technological advancements, and aim for continuous deployment.
- Plan, develop and grow in collaboration with other talented developers
- Improve internal and external APIs
- Integrate 3rd party services
- Take part in bringing the Client to the enterprise level
- 3+ years of experience as software engineer with any object oriented language (Python is a plus)
- Solid understanding of web client-server architecture (HTTP, REST API, WebSockets, session management, JWT, etc.)
- Solid understanding of SOLID principles and familiarity with basic design patterns
- Understanding of microservice architecture (DDD, event sourcing, CQRS, 2PC, circutebrakers, etc.)
- Habit of writing Unit tests (practice of TDD or BDD is a plus) and testable code as a result
- Understanding of any RDBM’s (Postgres is a plus) on the level of query optimizations
- User level knowledge of Docker, docker-compose, k8s
- User level familiarity with unix-like systems
- Protobuf, kafka, graph databases, ability to write docker-compose files and dockerfiles, openapi, ability to write/maintain CI/CD pipelines. Hands on experience coding JS, HTML, CSS
- Basic general familiarity with any FE framework
What's in it for you
- State of the art, cool offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies, initiate and promote technical solutions
- Open atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Business trips to Israel
- Fun days, happy hours and various corporate events