Zerto delivers an Enterprise-class distributed disaster recovery solution for private, public and hybrid clouds, using the most advanced technologies in the market.
Zerto’s award-winning Cloud Continuity Platform™ protects thousands of enterprises worldwide, with the simplest, most reliable Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery software solution built to protect applications on any virtualized IT environment, be it public, private or hybrid cloud.
Zerto was founded in 2010. Since then it had grown to a company of 700+ employees worldwide. Zerto is dual-headquartered in Israel and the United States, willing to grow their development base in Ukraine as well, because Zerto knows it can find outstanding engineers here!
On behalf of Zerto, Ciklum is looking for a Middle/Senior .NET Back End Engineer for our team in Kyiv on full-time basis.
What are we doing?
Please see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSuywo4IqyY – to have a quick intro.
Why do we do this?
We deliver Resilience for Evolving IT — Zerto is the foundation across private, hybrid and public clouds enabling a world of uninterrupted technology for business and people.
May our customers have no fear of hardware downtime, software issues, and even most sophisticated malware can’t harm our client’s protected machines.
How we do it?
Join us, and you will know how this magic works! (Hint: in the kitchen we discuss .NET, VMWare, Hyper-V, Azure and even AWS. And people who can debug multithreading issues are being listened especially attentively).
Why are we looking for you?
We have a lot of things to do. And we are extending our Ukrainian teams.
Why should you join us?
We care about really good engineers. And if you are the one – you will have an ability to apply all your knowledge, take a responsibility, and make a mission-critical decisions, working with outstanding engineers around you.
How big is this team?
You will be the 5-th team member.
The project is big. But we have good engineers, and it is clear enough. And you will develop new features. Sometimes you will fix bugs there. But working with code is not boring at all.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Design-and-Develop features using best development practices and design patterns; This would include approving the design with system architects and defending your point of view.
- Ensure code quality by writing unit/integration tests.
- Participating in any quality assurance work required to ensure the delivered features are truly fit for the purpose.
- Grow your skills and share your knowledge with others.
A very smart person, having:
- 3+ years of C# development experience on complex backend systems.
- Strong knowledge of OOP. A real knowledge! Inheritance, Encapsulation and Polymorphism are not enough.
- We DO care about unit tests, so you should strive writing them WELL.
- MS SQL knowledge would be your competitive advantage.
- Knowing how virtualization (ESXi or Hyper-V) works – is a big plus.
- Knowing how Cloud platforms work (Azure or AWS) – is nice to have.
- If you’ve worked with WCF – this is a plus.
- If you’ve worked with .Net Core – this is a plus.
- If you’ve ever read how networking works, how UEFI is different from BIOS, and what MBRs are for – this is a plus. In short – we would like to work with a person who knows world outside .NET as well.
- Autonomous – it means that you don’t get stuck when you encounter a problem, but rather find a correct person to consult with, and try to solve a problem having more knowledge.
- Great team-player – it means that you can hold yourself accountable, you are flexible and committed to team goals.
- The business domain is complex. Really complex. And you should be ready to invest your time into learning that deeply. It will take you much time, and we will invest in you a lot. You should be willing staying with us for a lengthy period. This is tough, but the reward is knowing that your piece of code just saved someone from paying a 1000 bitcoins ransom to a hustler, or even preventing an entire cyber-attack, and trust us, this is worth working for!
What's in it for you
- Why are we looking for you? We have a lot of things to do. And we decided to build a new team in Ukraine with talented engineers to be part of the core groups in the Engineering department which will own the roadmap of several components in the system.
- You will not just support old 100,000 line of code monster and fix bugs. Or will you? Though project is big and the code base is substantial, we have good engineers, and code is clear enough. And you will develop new features. Sometimes you will fix bugs there. But working with code is not boring at all.
- Why should you join us? We care about really good engineers. And if you are the one – you will have an ability to apply all your knowledge, take a responsibility, and make a mission critical decisions, working with outstanding engineers around you.