Dennis is one of the UK’s top magazine and online publishers and one of the most innovative, successful and respected publishers across the world. As the 6th largest consumer magazine publisher, Dennis has transformed its business from its traditional print publishing roots to a true multi-platform, award-winning media company, with a group turnover of over £130m.
The company has launched and owned some of the world’s biggest global magazine and online brands – including Alphr, Den of Geek, The Week and Buyacar. Today, Dennis is one of the most dynamic media companies in the UK. The company’s portfolio of over 30 brands operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month.
Dennis won best 'Media Company' of the year, and Buyacar won best 'Digital Product of the Year', at last night's British Media Awards!
General Dennis information and videos:
On behalf of Dennis Publishing, Ciklum is looking for a Middle/Senior React Developer to join Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a React Developer you will be responsible for new and ongoing innovation within Dennis’ digital platform. You’ll work closely with the Head of Frontend Development as part of an award winning digital department to implement and iterate on technical solutions using modern tools and techniques.
More specifically the next 12 months will be a unique opportunity to work as part of a diverse, efficient and innovative development team at the inception of a ground up overhaul of our technical stack. Your involvement in the project would center around autonomous hands on development of our React applications within cross functional teams. An ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for challenging themselves, developing cutting edge products and the drive towards growing a market leading, component based, API driven platform for Dennis to build upon for years to come.
Reporting to: Head of Front End Development.
- Writing clean semantic code using practice and modern standards
- Work alongside the team, to code, suggest, and iterate on our development stack. The ability to implementing API driven component based architecture will be key
- Optimize front-end performance is worth the time. Care about cross browser/device compatibility, progressive enhancement and making code superfast then this is the role for you
- Communicate with multiple teams to offer development solutions that push out tech and our business forward. We love open source and consider it important to allow our developers the time to research, learn and contribute back to the community
- Enjoy keeping up with and applying modern design patterns and philosophies
- Excellent coding skills and best practice knowledge
- Strong hands on experience with React. (3 year+)
- Strong experience using state-management techniques
- Strong working knowledge with RESTful APIs
- Focus on end user performance optimization
- Responsive/Progressive enhancement methodologies
- Expert in HTML5, SASS, CSS and other web fundamentals
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems both individually and collaboratively
- A hunger to learn and grow as a developer
- Experience with Node.js and its associated development tooling
- Knowledge of UX, UI and component driven development
- Testing methodologies and frameworks
- Proven experience in agile based, cross functional teams
- Working with high traffic sites in large scale organisations
- A passion for front end and open source development
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining high development standards
- Collaborative and adaptable
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
What's in it for you
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client
- A challenging function, with a lot of responsibility in a unique dynamic environment
- Work with new technologies using best development practices
- Work with skilled and professional team
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions
- Competitive salary