Middle/Senior Software Engineer + DevOps for Thomas Cook (Malaga)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle/Senior Software Engineer + DevOps to join Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
We are a Platform/Core team in a leading Europe travel company. Our mission is to drive our development towards high quality continuous delivery process.
We believe in the mantra to automate and to ensure CI/CD, this is seen in our local approaches where we follow lean practices to delivery high quality Infrastructure as a Code. We use CI/CD, TDD/BDD, Chef, Jenkins jobDSL and 2.0 Pipelines. Working mainly in the public clouds (AWS ,RackSpace,, Azure)
We are responsible for the channel market deliveries and are always implementing “cool” stuff to support these highly available environments which in turn enable rapid change.
As a development team we work across multiple languages and look for our SRE’s to be strong Software Engineers with a Delivery and Ops background.
This role gives an opportunity to design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as code, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software Development Department you will assist in defining and developing Tools to support delivery teams and Operations.
A great software development engineer will make all the difference for our team, our organisation, our product, and our customers. Are you passionate about architecting, designing, developing, and delivering a great product? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as code, tools, networks etc.
- To analyze and improve upon existing systems, services and infrastructure
- To operate the platform within security and privacy guidelines
- To deliver commitments and timely escalate blockers
- To be a gospeller of DevOps philosophy, CI/CD and continual improvement values spreading in the company and development team
- To integrate closely with Development teams, participate in Scrum processes
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience in developing/operating large scale distributed services / applications
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Linux, scripting
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies,
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Desire to lean and understand the nuances of Infrastructure and Networks
- Prior experience with Cloud monitoring, service-oriented systems and microservices
- Networking Monitoring, Networking protocols, SNMP, syslog, network telemetry, REST API
- Exposure of Elasticsearch and AWS ECS, S3, EC2
- Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
- Fluent English
- Challenge the status quo, open-minded and ready for rapid change
- Drive for continual improvement
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to live and work in multitasking mode
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentationApply via site