Middle/Senior Test Engineer for Thomas Cook (Malaga)
The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle/Senior Test Engineer to join Malaga team on a full-time basis. This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting Team that delivers a standard-bearing product within the travel industry.
As a Middle/Senior Test Engineer you will be part of new digital technology team involved in designing and building large-scale single-page web application that scale to millions of customers, billions of pounds in revenue and thousands of requests per millisecond.
Our product team is very strong, and proposes exciting features. Marketing, optimization and analytics teams will work with us making sure we deliver all requested features they need in order to make our website the most amazing travel platform in the world.
Thomas Cook Group plc is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups with sales of £7.8 billion in the year ended 30 September 2015. Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it is number one or two (by revenue) in all its core markets. Thomas Cook Group plc’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Company’s very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company.
Drawing together the IT capabilities across the Group into a consistent platform that will enable the extension of the Group’s dynamic packaging capability to customers in all markets, assist with yield management and create a seamless, unified, multi-channel customer interaction experience (across mobile, web, and in store) will add considerable value. TC Group is building the capability to support personalised customer interaction through micro segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics. The IT investment plan is based on using verified, proven capabilities and systems that already exist within the Group and the extension of these to other parts of the Group.
- Produce high quality test assets as part of sprint testing;
- Support releases into all environments including production;
- Ensure the quality of all product releases is up to a standard agreed and accepted by key stakeholder;
- Actively contribute and drive the on-going improvement of the testing process, knowledge, quality and best practices;
- Maintain good visibility and communication of all testing activities with the team and key stakeholders;
- Ensure key issues detected are appropriately documented, flagged, communicated and handed over to the appropriate function to resolve in a timely manner.
- Quality test assets;
- Product releases without Blocker issues (i.e. all Blockers picked up in test and pre-production environments);
- Core stakeholder’s awareness of all known issues with the product.
- Agile experience, preferably Scrum;
- Good awareness of software testing concepts (e.g. risk based testing);
- Functional and non-functional testing experience (e.g. regression, integration, security, performance, UAT, smoke etc.);
- Experience producing key test assets (requirements gathering, test plans, test reports);
- Experience with defect reporting and Agile process management tools (preferably with Jira);
- Experience with Test Management Tool (e.g. TestRail, Zephyr, TestLink);
- Experience with cross-browser testing and cross-mobile platform testing;
- Experience working in e-commerce environment;
- Experience or knowledge of Automation Testing and desire to develop further in this area;
- Nice to have ISQTB;
- Intermediate \ Upper intermediate spoken and written English;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of attention to details;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently or collaboratively with team on solutions, positive approach to difficulties and imaginative problem solver.
What's in it for you
- Ability to work on challenging, large project with complex high load e-commerce platform;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Competitive salary;
- Career and professional growth;
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company;
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits.
Client video presentationApply via site