On behalf of BigChange, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Software Engineer to join the Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
- Develop and re-develop BigChange software using Visual Studio, C#, .net, SQL Server, AWS, Rest APIs, and related technologies
- Manage to deadlines that are set by Chief Technology Officer.
- Bring new ideas and best practice on the design and software development of the service.
- Inspire, mentor and encourage colleagues to apply intelligently customised industry best practice.
- Reviews designs, and software written by other developers for quality, best practice and architectural integrity.
- Help develop the team to refactor legacy code in more modern design patterns
- Participate in Scrum meetings and lab calls
- Ability to write clear and concise system documentation and summary diagrams
- Monitor and review product and technology developments in the industry and present new ideas to BigChange
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Customer-Specific software development teams to add value to their roles.
- Comply with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering (supporting the introduction of ISO27001)
- Provide top class service to our customers
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange.
- 3 years + experience in a similar environment
- Experience as a software developer
- Knowledge and experience of C# & .Net
- Knowledge and experience of SQL and NoSql technology
- Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in Serverless
- Experience in SaaS development
- A strong software developer: technically strong, with recent hands-on software development experience in the above toolset
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll show a good understanding of how to put together software
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with a adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience in System Software Development
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
What's in it for you
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits