On behalf of the New Client, Ciklum is looking for Software Test Engineer to join Kyiv team on full-time basis.
Ciklum Client is a software provider that serves the worldwide gambling industry by developing bespoke software and back-office systems.
Software test engineer is responsible for the quality of software development and deployment, involving in performing automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose, analysis of software, and systems, mitigate risk and prevent software issues.
- Design test plans, procedures, scenarios, and scripts to accurately assess new products or software updates according to customer requirements and company policies.
- Develop testing protocol for various aspects, such as usability, database impact, error and bug finding, regression testing, and implementation scenarios.
- Identify, analyze and create detailed records of problems that appear during testing, such as software defects, bugs, functionality issues, and output errors, and work directly with software developers to find solutions and develop retesting procedures.
- Track problems, resolutions, and bug fixes throughout testing and create a comprehensive database of defects and successful mitigation techniques.
- Create detailed, step-by-step documentation of test procedures for each phase or project as needed to ensure replicability, compliance with standards, and growth of company knowledge base.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with test personnel, users, developers, and clients to facilitate quick resolution of problems and accurate documentation of successes.
- Provide frequent feedback to developers, including recommendations for improvements, evaluation of problems, potential solutions, and discussion of further test requirements.
- Design and implement automated testing tools when possible, and update tools as needed to ensure currency and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or similar field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL) and programing languages (e.g. Java)
- Preferred: Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, Web technologies, and test environments
What's in it for you
- State of the art, cool, centrally located office with warm atmosphere which creates good working conditions;
- Your opinion matters and you can improve product, processes, and tools