The Thomas Cook Group is the oldest and best known name in leisure travel with a history of innovation that started in 1841. Then Company is proud to serve the 19 million customers who chose to travel with TC each year and, are focused on transforming their business so that they can serve even more customers in ways that deliver better holiday dreams.
Thomas Cook is supported by 21,813 employees and operates from 15 source markets; it’s a leading company(by revenue) in all its core domains. Thomas Cook Group plcʼs shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (TCG).
The Companyʼs very essence is to deliver inspiring personal journeys as the trusted pioneer in global travel. The core of our strategy is to deliver a high-tech, high-touch approach and being there for their customers wherever, whenever and however they want to connect with Company. TC Group is building the capability to support personalized customer interaction through micro-segmentation, social media integration, and powerful recommendation analytics.
On behalf of Thomas Cook, Ciklum is looking for a Middle Technical Tester to join our Integration Kyiv team on a full-time basis.
As a Technical Tester you will be part of digital technology team involved in designing and building large Java applications based on microservice architecture that scale to millions of customers and billions of pounds in revenue.
The team is responsible for integration solutions to be used by number of internally developed applications – mostly back-end microservices which will integrate external and internal services, and the integration business logic. This can vary from internally used systems and APIs to services used within the company (finance systems, external content systems, …) to external partners (sending data to third party systems, affiliates, …).
Most will be back-end components, but there will be integrations with different microservices, third party components, so integration testing is very important.
Work process will be the scrum/agile process used by the other teams as well (2 week sprints, 2 week delivery, testers in the team, product owner, devops in the team to automate deployment and the usual ceremonies).
- Produce high quality test assets as part of sprint testing
- Ensure the quality of all product releases is up to a standard agreed and accepted by key stakeholder
- Actively contribute and drive the on-going improvement of the testing process, knowledge, quality and best practices
- Maintain good visibility and communication of all testing activities with the team and key stakeholders
- Ensure key issues detected are appropriately documented, flagged, communicated and handed over to the appropriate function to resolve in a timely manner
- Understanding of QA processes, approaches, methodologies and software development lifecycle, and ability to apply the knowledge into daily operation.
- Experience producing key test assets (requirements gathering, test plans, test reports)
- Experience with software testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, and User Acceptance, Risk based testing)
- Experience with testing APIs and Back-End Services (REST, AMQP)
- Knowledge of Agile SCRUM process and how it pertains to the QA life cycle
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Knowledge of programming languages
- Experience with Performance testing (jMeter, LoadRunner, etc)
- Front-end & UI/UX testing experience
- Familiar with continuous integration (jenkins) and source control systems such as git/github
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving mindset
- High level of attention to details
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive independently or collaboratively with team on solutions, positive approach to difficulties and imaginative problem solver
What's in it for you
- A unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with colleagues abroad on a day-to-day basis
- Competitive salary
- Career opportunities within big and well-known travel provider from Europe
- Possibility to work in a big and successful company
- Possibility to work from home one day per week (after the trial period is passed)
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation and other social benefits
Client video presentation